New Family Guy episode gets pushed back - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

New Family Guy episode gets pushed back

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:15 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
blankman wrote:Only the overly sensitive? Are you kidding me?

Try the people who actually lost everything they had in the hurricane. You want to call them overly sensitive if they're angered by a joke relating to their vast misfortunes right now? :-P

Its not censorship. Its human decency.

You're lucky I didn't quote the stuff you said before others saw it :-P

This from the guy who wouldn't donate to the Hurricane Relief... ;-7

Come on, it's a humor show, and while it maybe not be in the best taste, are we going to have to wait until the United States isn't overweight before they can show their new episode with a fat joke in it?

Personally, I don't care either way, I just don't think it's necessary.

There are many reasons why someone doesn't donate to that fund. Many people here have little or no funds. Just look at my name here for my financial situation. Either way, I have no problem with them not airing the episode right now. Many people will be watching that lost a lot during the hurricane and there will also be friends and relatives that lost loved ones in it that will be watching. 1 episode won't hurt the show.

So those people won't be upset 2 weeks from now? I find that hard to believe. It was a totally unrelated hurricane joke, and I think its just sort of unnecessary political correctness because SOME people may be offended by something that has nothing to do with Katrina.

If you lost property, friends, or family in that hurricane or any other, I'm sure that you would be singing another tune. I agree that society has gotten way too PC but I can understand in this instance. There is no time limit that will ease their pain. I don't have a problem with delaying or canceling 1 episode. It's not like they are removing the show again.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dannyolbb » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:32 am

I know that Buffy the Vampire Slayer did the same thing a few years ago after Columbine. The first Spiderman movie took out a scene with the World Trade Center. I'm pretty sure they don't show the Simpsons episode where they go to New York and spend a few minutes of jokes at the WTC.

If it offends even a few people, you don't want to be the network that made jokes in the face of a tragedy. Because - when you stop and think about it - who are the advertisers going to side with? Greiving families or the network that makes fart jokes for a living?

On a similar note, a friend recently lost his mother. For the last few months since it happened, I have tried not to make any jokes about his mother. Because I'm not a jackass. Same thing. It's not censorship. It's sensitivity.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk