Giants announce Bonds to be activated Monday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giants announce Bonds to be activated Monday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby maveric66 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:02 pm

He won't get 20 AB's, maybe 20 appearances.
maveric66
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:03 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:I still have serious doubts that he'll play a single game this year, and if he does, I hope he goes the way of Juan Gone - one AB and done. I wouldn't mind if he never came back, either.

Sounds like a lot of hate man.

I hope he has a monster week, say 10-20, with 3 hrs. Probably won't, but i'm starting him at DH.

There's no player I despise more this side of ARod than Bonds. He's a cheat, a liar, a phony, and on top of all that he's an @$$. He is one guy that if he got hit by a bus I wouldn't feel a bit sorry for. I hope he never steps on a field again, and I hope he does something stupid so they can keep him out of the Hall. And as far as him playing goes, I'll believe it when I see it.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:58 pm

I doubt he'll do much except pinch hit most of the games, I agree with everything Big Pimpin is saying. I despise the guy, I don't get how anybody could root for him or cheer for him unless he is on their fantasy team.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moneybaseball » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:20 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:. He is one guy that if he got hit by a bus I wouldn't feel a bit sorry for. I hope he never steps on a field again, and I hope he does something stupid so they can keep him out of the Hall. And as far as him playing goes, I'll believe it when I see it.

Well isn't that great. You have issues bud. Spread love not hate.

I dropped Bonds four weeks ago and hope he doesn't have an impact only for that reason. If he really is as good as he has been since he allegedly started using "illegal" performance enhancing chemicals I wish him the best and hope everything goes his way.

How would all you haters feel if next year he puts up 40+ HR and 1.000+ OPS along with the other quality peripherals?
moneybaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mweir145 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:29 pm

moneybaseball wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:. He is one guy that if he got hit by a bus I wouldn't feel a bit sorry for. I hope he never steps on a field again, and I hope he does something stupid so they can keep him out of the Hall. And as far as him playing goes, I'll believe it when I see it.

Well isn't that great. You have issues bud. Spread love not hate.

I dropped Bonds four weeks ago and hope he doesn't have an impact only for that reason. If he really is as good as he has been since he allegedly started using "illegal" performance enhancing chemicals I wish him the best and hope everything goes his way.

How would all you haters feel if next year he puts up 40+ HR and 1.000+ OPS along with the other quality peripherals?

Don't worry, once he starts hitting home runs again, nobody is going to care about these "illegal" performance rumours. Performance is everything when dealing with fans.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby rlee » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:38 pm

I think Felipe Alou has already said he'll hit in front of Moises. It was not clear if it will 3,4 or 4,5. So that means he will play LF and not be limited to PH duty. ;-D
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby eftda » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:08 am

I would bet that he would just PH on monday.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:24 am

moneybaseball wrote:How would all you haters feel if next year he puts up 40+ HR and 1.000+ OPS along with the other quality peripherals?

I will still hate him. He's one guy I won't put on my fantasy team just due to my personal feelings. If I can't in my right mind cheer for him to do well, I won't draft/add/trade for him. Just like ARod. I still hate ARod and he has pretty good numbers.

And don't give me "spread love not hate". I'll hate if I want. Last I checked it's still a free country.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:01 am

Big Pimpin wrote:And don't give me "spread love not hate". I'll hate if I want. Last I checked it's still a free country.

Well, I hope you don't blow an artery over Bonds. :*) Probably would be better for you to save your energy for better things and just ignore everything about Bonds instead.

Yeah, I'll agree it's certainly difficult to root for Bonds, but I for one do have him stashed away on the DL in my dynasty-like keeper league (from a waiver claim at midseason) and am hoping that he'll be part of the answer to my "prayers" as I need a miracle to catch the top 2 teams after being ravaged by injuries and subpar performances for much of the year. I was actually still in the midst of the dogfight until a couple weeks ago when all the wheels came loose while the other 2 teams stayed hot. I was just about ready to give up and only prepare for next year, but my fortunes seem to have changed a bit this weekend or so, so maybe I can still get back in the dogfight though it's still very much a long shot at this point.

If Bonds returns to form next year, he just might make me the favorite to win that league next year since I probably have less holes to fill than other owners and probably couldn't do any worse in terms of injuries and subpar performances (although I will certainly miss Clemens' historic stellar production even if he remains keepable, which is unlikely).
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:54 am

I love all the Barry hate. When I was a kid the Pirates were my favorite team, and Bonds has been my favorite player since before he was winning MVPs and making All-Star game appearances. All the hate cracks me up. People get so mad over this because they will never be able to prove anything, Barry is far too smart to get caught with a positive test.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers