Giants announce Bonds to be activated Monday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giants announce Bonds to be activated Monday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Giants announce Bonds to be activated Monday

Postby maveric66 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:28 pm

Just saw it watching the Giants telecast.
maveric66
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:30 pm

And his ten game suspension for a positive steroid test will be announced on Tuesday. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby eftda » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:40 pm

I've got home plate seats for Tuesdays game, hope hell play back to back games. ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:42 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:And his ten game suspension for a positive steroid test will be announced on Tuesday. ;-D

Bonds was tested 2-3 times this year while on the DL. If he failed a test then it would have been anncounced during that time. Bonds is clean by MLB standards. The Steroid tests have proven that he didn't take anything.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:46 pm

eftda wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:And his ten game suspension for a positive steroid test will be announced on Tuesday. ;-D

Bonds was tested 2-3 times this year while on the DL. If he failed a test then it would have been anncounced during that time. Bonds is clean by MLB standards. The Steroid tests have proven that he didn't take anything.

I seriously doubt it. Think about it, Palmeiro, Morse, and even Franklin weren't announced until MONTHS had gone by. Plus, MLB wouldn't suspend him while he was on the DL anyway. I would not be surprised at all if the only reason he's coming back this year is to serve his suspension now so it doesn't carry over into next year. I still have serious doubts that he'll play a single game this year, and if he does, I hope he goes the way of Juan Gone - one AB and done. I wouldn't mind if he never came back, either.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby bd3521 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:48 pm

Pinch hitting or making any fantasy impact?
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby maveric66 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:54 pm

Bonds has said he doesn't want to return unless it is in left field, so I would presume he will be starting Monday.
maveric66
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Armed and Hammered » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:57 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
eftda wrote:

I seriously doubt it. Think about it, Palmeiro, Morse, and even Franklin weren't announced until MONTHS had gone by. Plus, MLB wouldn't suspend him while he was on the DL anyway. I would not be surprised at all if the only reason he's coming back this year is to serve his suspension now so it doesn't carry over into next year. I still have serious doubts that he'll play a single game this year, and if he does, I hope he goes the way of Juan Gone - one AB and done. I wouldn't mind if he never came back, either.

Your last two sentences explain the previous four. I completely disagree and think he will be back in the lineup on Monday.
Armed and Hammered
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby maveric66 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:58 pm

maveric66
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:00 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:I still have serious doubts that he'll play a single game this year, and if he does, I hope he goes the way of Juan Gone - one AB and done. I wouldn't mind if he never came back, either.

Sounds like a lot of hate man.

I hope he has a monster week, say 10-20, with 3 hrs. Probably won't, but i'm starting him at DH.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers