Giants announce Bonds to be activated Monday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giants announce Bonds to be activated Monday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Giants announce Bonds to be activated Monday

Postby maveric66 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:28 pm

Just saw it watching the Giants telecast.
maveric66
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:30 pm

And his ten game suspension for a positive steroid test will be announced on Tuesday. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:46 pm

eftda wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:And his ten game suspension for a positive steroid test will be announced on Tuesday. ;-D

Bonds was tested 2-3 times this year while on the DL. If he failed a test then it would have been anncounced during that time. Bonds is clean by MLB standards. The Steroid tests have proven that he didn't take anything.

I seriously doubt it. Think about it, Palmeiro, Morse, and even Franklin weren't announced until MONTHS had gone by. Plus, MLB wouldn't suspend him while he was on the DL anyway. I would not be surprised at all if the only reason he's coming back this year is to serve his suspension now so it doesn't carry over into next year. I still have serious doubts that he'll play a single game this year, and if he does, I hope he goes the way of Juan Gone - one AB and done. I wouldn't mind if he never came back, either.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby bd3521 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:48 pm

Pinch hitting or making any fantasy impact?
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby maveric66 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:54 pm

Bonds has said he doesn't want to return unless it is in left field, so I would presume he will be starting Monday.
maveric66
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Armed and Hammered » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:57 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
eftda wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:And his ten game suspension for a positive steroid test will be announced on Tuesday. ;-D

Bonds was tested 2-3 times this year while on the DL. If he failed a test then it would have been anncounced during that time. Bonds is clean by MLB standards. The Steroid tests have proven that he didn't take anything.

I seriously doubt it. Think about it, Palmeiro, Morse, and even Franklin weren't announced until MONTHS had gone by. Plus, MLB wouldn't suspend him while he was on the DL anyway. I would not be surprised at all if the only reason he's coming back this year is to serve his suspension now so it doesn't carry over into next year. I still have serious doubts that he'll play a single game this year, and if he does, I hope he goes the way of Juan Gone - one AB and done. I wouldn't mind if he never came back, either.

Your last two sentences explain the previous four. I completely disagree and think he will be back in the lineup on Monday.
Armed and Hammered
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby maveric66 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:58 pm

maveric66
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:00 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:I still have serious doubts that he'll play a single game this year, and if he does, I hope he goes the way of Juan Gone - one AB and done. I wouldn't mind if he never came back, either.

Sounds like a lot of hate man.

I hope he has a monster week, say 10-20, with 3 hrs. Probably won't, but i'm starting him at DH.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers