I'm thinking of starting a keeper league... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I'm thinking of starting a keeper league...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I'm thinking of starting a keeper league...

Postby Bricklayer » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:33 am

Can anyone point me in a good direction for some ideas on how to get started? Maybe something with a basic keeper league setup on it?
Bricklayer
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:48 am

Well the one I'm in was just set up in Yahoo Groups and then we are going to play our seasons on Yahoo... don't know if that helps though.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:06 am

Yup the two I am in use Yahoo Groups and a phpBB board someone set up(but I think that costs cash). Or you could also setup a Proboard or Invision Free Board, those work pretty good as well.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bricklayer » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:44 pm

Thanks for the tips guys but I was thinking more along the lines of how many players to keep, how many teams make a good league... things like that.
Bricklayer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:59 pm

Well its really your preference on number of teams, I always like 12 or 16 for keepers. And for number of keepers I like somewhere between 5-8, over 8 is too much and almost like a dynasty since your only getting rid of your mediocre players, and below 5 is too few and kind of boring to only keep like 3 or 4 guys.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Keepers

Postby Ballwreckers » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:19 pm

A rookie keeper might be something to think about.I am in a league wehere we keep 5 players total. 4 players and a rookie from that season. we kept 3 and a rookie last year and progress to 4 and a rookie. Baby steps might not be a bad idea when having a keeper league so you can change things up every year and not be boring. The important thing is allow input from your league members so they feel they are creating something also.
Ballwreckers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers