[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 562: include(./includes/trivia_unanswer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 562: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/trivia_unanswer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')
struggling yankees (answered) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Trivia Time Trial

struggling yankees (answered)

Moderator: Baseball Trivia Mods

Postby AT » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:17 am

I should've included a link on that quote snippet I included. When Proctor started a game he was #14. I remembered them mentioning it and it says so in that article. Sorry I didn't include the link... It was a bitch to find so I'm not going to go searching again.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:20 am

Aright I found it. Only took a couple minutes...

Saturday, August 13, 2005
LHP Randy Johnson missed his scheduled start in Thursday's series opener vs. Texas but likely will make his next start Tuesday in Tampa Bay. Before Friday's game with the Rangers, MGR Joe Torre indicated that Johnson told him his back had improved enough to start. ... RHP Chien-Ming Wang, on the disabled list since July 14 with inflammation in his pitching shoulder, continued his recovery Thursday. Wang threw 26 pitches off a mound and about 10 more halfway up the mound. All of his pitches were fastballs and Wang did not experience any pain. ... RHP Mariano Rivera has pitched in four of the last five games, including a 31-pitch outing Wednesday vs. Chicago. The recent workload prompted Torre to rest him Friday. ... 1B-DH Jason Giambi, who is in a 1-for-12 slump, got the night off. ... RHP Hideo Nomo, who was roughed up in his first two starts for Class AAA Columbus, allowed just two runs and five hits over six innings Thursday at Toledo. ... When RHP Scott Proctor started Thursday's series opener, he became the Yankees' 14th different starting pitcher this season. It is the most in the major leagues and the most for New York since 1989. ... RHP Mike Mussina, who is 13-12 lifetime vs. the Rangers, takes the mound Saturday. ... Saturday marks the 10th anniversary of Mickey Mantle's death from cancer.

Source: SportsTicker

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/teamreport?team=nyy
(It's all the way at the bottom in the August 13th entry)
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Trivia Time Trial