Crawford is Back! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Crawford is Back!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Crawford is Back!

Postby Secret Avatar » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:30 pm

In case anyone hasn't noticed, Crawford has picked up the SB pace and is quietly moving into the top 15 most valuable fantasy players for 2005. Yahoo has him 21st overall and espn has him 17th overall (and the 9th most valuable hitter). That makes him easily worth the late first/early second round pick that many took him in 2005 keeper league drafts. :-D
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Secret Avatar » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:00 pm

3-5 with another SB and run 2nite. :-D
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jh2031 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:55 pm

I started a thread about this about a week ago and no one replied but yes...Crawford is back in a big way. I was scared when he wasn't doing anything cause i traded for him right when he decided to stop stealing. But he has made me a happy guy since. ;-D ;-D ;-D
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Crawford is Back!

Postby Webster11 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:02 am

Secret Avatar wrote:In case anyone hasn't noticed, Crawford has picked up the SB pace and is quietly moving into the top 15 most valuable fantasy players for 2005. Yahoo has him 21st overall and espn has him 17th overall (and the 9th most valuable hitter). That makes him easily worth the late first/early second round pick that many took him in 2005 keeper league drafts. :-D

Personally id never take him that early. Id much rather have someone like reyes or figgins 3-4 rounds later. Sure you lose 5-10 hrs and 20-30 rbi but 2b and SS are a lot shallower than outfield and you dont have to use a 1st round pick. To me a player who only ranks in the top 10 among OFs in 1 category is just not worth a 1st round pick.
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Secret Avatar » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:42 am

"Id much rather have someone like reyes or figgins 3-4 rounds later. "

Well, I'd be shocked if Reyes or Figgins last 3-4 rounds past Crawford. Two rounds probably, tops. With Crawford, you'll get better production in 3 out of five categories (HR, RBI, and BA) and comparable production in the other two. Plus, you get considerable upside in the power department. I continue to believe Crawford is a 300-20 or even 315-25 hitter just waiting to happen. That's worth a few rounds to me.

At the end of the day, it's OVERALL value that matters. Right now, Crawford is the 20th most valuable player according to yahoo, and even better according to espn. I don't see how anyone can argue that's not worth a late first/early second, for a 23-year old player in a keeper league.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby superfly » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:02 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:"Id much rather have someone like reyes or figgins 3-4 rounds later. "

Well, I'd be shocked if Reyes or Figgins last 3-4 rounds past Crawford. Two rounds probably, tops. With Crawford, you'll get better production in 3 out of five categories (HR, RBI, and BA) and comparable production in the other two. Plus, you get considerable upside in the power department. I continue to believe Crawford is a 300-20 or even 315-25 hitter just waiting to happen. That's worth a few rounds to me.

At the end of the day, it's OVERALL value that matters. Right now, Crawford is the 20th most valuable player according to yahoo, and even better according to espn. I don't see how anyone can argue that's not worth a late first/early second, for a 23-year old player in a keeper league.

Crawford is OF. Reyes/Figgins are middle infield. Big difference.
superfly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Secret Avatar » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:51 pm

"Crawford is OF. Reyes/Figgins are middle infield. Big difference."

Hence why they won't last 3-4 rounds past Crawford. I'd still take Crawford and his better overall value, even in the OF, over either of them.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers