Best Career Numbers: Teix//MCab//DWright - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best Career Numbers: Teix//MCab//DWright

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who will post the best career numbers?

Miguel Cabrera
61%
Mark Teixeira
31%
David Wright
8%

Total votes : 72

Postby The Jury » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:44 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:If you believe MCab is truly only 22 then I've got a bridge you might be interested in . . .

:-D

He definitely LOOKS like he's 22, err.. 12... :-D
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:48 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:Hey, I believe what I believe, just as you believe what you believe. I look at the guy and think it's highly unlikely he's 22. I said the same thing about Soriano a few years ago and everyone laughed at me until, sure enough, it was revealed he was two years older than he claimed. While Venezuala might not be as bad as the DR and Cuba when it comes to lack of age verification, its still relatively easy to shave off a few years.

Come on. You are way off base here. I had some doubts about Soriano. I have some doubts about Pujols. But Cabrera? The kid looks like he's 14.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby hybrid » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:31 pm

Out of curiousity did you think Miggy was older then he was when he first came up from the minors? IMO he looked even more his age back then and probably younger. Just because he is maturing faster body wise is no reason to doubt him. How about Lebron, he has to be older right ... look at his body, he couldn't be that young eh? ;-7
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby DCNats » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:55 pm

Miggy was signed as early as MLB allows - 16. They would have had to alter his age before then (or at that point) since it obviously would not be altered afterwards.

That scenario is made less likely because his parents were both public figures (who incidentally insisted he finish high school before dedicating his life to baseball). His father was a famous amateur ballplayer and his mother played for the Venezuelan national softball team for many years.

As someone who was born in much less public (and less affluent) conditions in Venezuela, I've seen no reason to believe his age is not legit. (I also realize that doesn't make me some kind of authority on the subject).

But you can believe what you like.
DCNats
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:59 pm

DCNats wrote:Miggy was signed as early as MLB allows - 16. They would have had to alter his age before then (or at that point) since it obviously would not be altered afterwards.

That scenario is made less likely because his parents were both public figures (who incidentally insisted he finish high school before dedicating his life to baseball). His father was a famous amateur ballplayer and his mother played for the Venezuelan national softball team for many years.

As someone who was born in much less public (and less affluent) conditions in Venezuela, I've seen no reason to believe his age is not legit. (I also realize that doesn't make me some kind of authority on the subject).

But you can believe what you like.
;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:05 pm

Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:50 pm

Yoda wrote:I like Tex but Miggy's ceiling is definitely higher considering his age, ballpark and lineup.

Lineup and park heavily favor Tex.

I rate Miggy and Tex a bit above Wright. I don't see Wright hitting the 40-45 hrs of Tex, and likely 40 hrs of Miggy.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Red Stripe » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:52 pm

I've got to say Miggy here. Tex hits for probably the most power and supports a decent average around maybe .280-.285 and Wright is good all around: batting, fielding, on the basepaths. But Miggy C is just a monster. He hits for power, he hits for average, he's got an arm although his position doesn't require him being as great of a fielder as the others but he plays his spot well. The guy is only like 22 or something(can't remember his exact age) and he's already leading the league or in the top in average and is pretty high up on the leaderboard for power numbers too. His OPS and SLG are some of the highest in the league too. He is the easy choice here, nonetheless though, I think all 3 will be great players and will all be top 10 type guys in a few years.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby baseball6791 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:43 pm

All 3 of them will probably be Top 10 players for years to come, and eventually HOFers but if I had to choose one I would take Miggy. The kid is just a beast. He does everything so well, especially for his age, and he only promises to keep getting better. Wright may end up being the most complete all-around player (defense, speed edge going to him) and Tex a better power hitter but Miggy will be close and blow him away in average.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mweir145 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:51 pm

I gotta go with Miggy here.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero