Best september callups for the future? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best september callups for the future?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best september callups for the future?

Postby Melo255 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:58 am

Who are the best callups for the rest of the season for production over the next few years? Anybody got a top 5 list of just called up/will be called up list? Hermida, Liriano...?
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Broncmet724 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:27 pm

Hmm Not called up already? Or just called up?

You have Felix Hernandez, Andy Marte, Delmon Young, Adam Miller, BJ Upton, Prince Fielder, Casey Kotchman, Ian Stewart, Chad Billingsley, Joel Guzman, Matt Cain.

And Ireally like Joel Zumaya and Justin Verlander. Just something about starters that can throw 97+ that excites me (Verlander has been said to hit 100)

Oh yeah, forgot about Jeremy Hermida but he's more top 15 in my eyes
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigken117 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:32 pm

All the good call ups have come. Zimmerman is scheduled to clear Yahoo waivers tonight and is the best still out there. Liriano cleared last night and if nobody claimed him, get on the bus. Hermida and Matt Cain (SP- SF) came through a few days ago. If any of these guys are available get them now. All the good prospects were called up earlier.

Next year should be bountiful with Delmon, Lastings, Barton, Stewart, Guzman, Hanley and much more at least getting a look in the show.
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Sultans of Squat » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:31 pm

bigken117 wrote:All the good call ups have come. Zimmerman is scheduled to clear Yahoo waivers tonight and is the best still out there. Liriano cleared last night and if nobody claimed him, get on the bus. Hermida and Matt Cain (SP- SF) came through a few days ago. If any of these guys are available get them now. All the good prospects were called up earlier.

Too bad Zimmerman will have to play 1/2 his games in that anti-bandbox though.

Missed out on Liriano last night -- got snatched up by my top competitor (and friend) although he might not fall to my weak waiver priority anyway (after having snatched up Hermida the other night). Unfortunately, that owner also snatched up Cain w/out even needing a waiver claim :-[ just because I was hesitant given my situation. I thought maybe Liriano might fall to me since nobody claimed Cain and most owners (including him) prefered to wait-and-see, but oh well, gonna have to be satisfied w/ Duke, Olsen and McCarthy, whom I finally picked up after missing Liriano -- hope McCarthy's for real; seems to shape up a bit like a younger Patterson, whom I also have.

[quote]Next year should be bountiful with Delmon, Lastings, Barton, Stewart, Guzman, Hanley and much more at least getting a look in the show.[/quote]

Hard to say w/ prospects though. This year seems quite bountiful already. Some of those prospects next year like Guzman might turn into duds like Beltre for all we know. Even though 3B was supposed to be a great position for prospects/rookies on top of the existing strong pool (especially if you consider M Cab's likely return), so far, none has really panned out yet for one reason or another. Heck, I even finally gave up on Mora around mid-August and had to just drop him to pick up Tracy along w/ Encarnacion just so I could continue to contend this year and have a solid hope for next year. Not sure that Zimmerman will turn out any better than Encarnacion after factoring the homeparks, especially in the very near future.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby mcqfesijiba » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:03 pm

These are the 5 guys added to Yahoo within the last couple of weeks that you need to know:
1)F Liriano
2)J Hermida
3)R Zimmerman
4)M Cain
5)Anthony Reyes, STL Cards

There's still time for other guys to get callups as the minor league playoffs progress, but I can't think of any definite callups among them.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sultans of Squat » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:37 pm

mcqfesijiba wrote:These are the 5 guys added to Yahoo within the last couple of weeks that you need to know:
1)F Liriano
2)J Hermida
3)R Zimmerman
4)M Cain
5)Anthony Reyes, STL Cards

There's still time for other guys to get callups as the minor league playoffs progress, but I can't think of any definite callups among them.

Would you rather have McCarthy or Reyes? I debated between the two, but picked up McCarthy partly for the age diff, partly for Reyes' injury history, partly for how McCarthy started looking like a younger, but mature, Patterson w/out the injuries. BTW, Reyes just cleared waivers today, so it's very possible that he'll get picked up real soon (by an owner who didn't want to use a waiver claim) if he's still available.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby bigken117 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:18 am

Sultans of Squat wrote:Hard to say w/ prospects though. This year seems quite bountiful already. Some of those prospects next year like Guzman might turn into duds like Beltre for all we know. Even though 3B was supposed to be a great position for prospects/rookies on top of the existing strong pool (especially if you consider M Cab's likely return), so far, none has really panned out yet for one reason or another. Heck, I even finally gave up on Mora around mid-August and had to just drop him to pick up Tracy along w/ Encarnacion just so I could continue to contend this year and have a solid hope for next year. Not sure that Zimmerman will turn out any better than Encarnacion after factoring the homeparks, especially in the very near future.

Those are just the top guys who are in line to get a look in 2006. Some will end up like Marte and be sent back down, some *delmon* could end up like Francouer and win ROY in 2 months. And sure, in the long run, some will be huge busts.
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:19 am

Sultans of Squat wrote:Would you rather have McCarthy or Reyes? I debated between the two, but picked up McCarthy partly for the age diff, partly for Reyes' injury history, partly for how McCarthy started looking like a younger, but mature, Patterson w/out the injuries. BTW, Reyes just cleared waivers today, so it's very possible that he'll get picked up real soon (by an owner who didn't want to use a waiver claim) if he's still available.

I would rather have McCarthy for all the reasons you listed,
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby jacko030786 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:17 pm

anyone seeing Anibal Sanchez being called up for Boston?
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
jacko030786
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby hybrid » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:11 pm

jacko030786 wrote:anyone seeing Anibal Sanchez being called up for Boston?

Nope to early for him, as he has only had a short amount of time at AA. Not to mention he was getting beat around during the end of the year there.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers