100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

so i met adnan virk

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

so i met adnan virk

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:41 am

:-b

highlight of my day. :-o ;-)

got up early, around 11am, to get some tickets for a movie in the film festival next week. made some french toasts for the girlfriend, french toasts were actually pretty good :-) , ate a bagel and went out. because i live in north york, it took about 45 min to get downtown, therefore we only got to the box office around 1pm.

i kinda knew we were gonna have to wait in line for a while, just didn't know it was gonna be that bad. we waited about 3 hours and a half to buy tickets :-° and we only wanted to buy tickets for one movie. :-[ btw, 20 bucks for a ticket??? :-t

they had a big board with all the movies in the festival outisde the box office and they would update the board from time to time showing us which movies were sold out, ours wasn't, at least not until we got to the cashier...wait...this is about me meeting adnan virk... you guys know him, right? the dude who usually does NFL stuff on the Score, Home for the Hardcore.

i only saw mr virk about 3 hours after we entered the line, so i said to the girlfriend that i had seen that guy on tv before. she had no idea who he was, i don't blame her, but even not knowing him, she got excited and told me to get an autograph 8-o come on...i'm not gonna ask for an autograph to adnan virk, right? well, she didn't gave up and started to call his name. luckly he didn't hear her. i tried changing the subject to distract her, but she didn't fell for it. good thing mr virk was very into reading his football magazine and getting latest on the packers. hmmm, this reminds me, i gotta check my fantasy football teams :-[

anyway, he then went to the cashier which was inside an office, this was at the manulife centre and for the most part we were stading in line outside the building, so we were watching him buy his tickets and i was thinking to myself...good, i don't have to go talk to him, next time i see someone famous, i mean, he's no sid sexeiro, but you can still say he's a celebrity ;-) , i will shut up and not mention it to anyone. bare in mind that i'm a bit shy and other than meeting some famous soccer players when i was young, i haven't really talked to anyone who was on tv. so...we were watching him and suddenly he turns around and looks at us 8-o my girlfriend then waves at him and smiles, he smiles back...and no, i didn't get jealous.

when he was done buying his tickets we were still in line outised the box office, so he comes right on our direction and my girlfriend, evil woman, starts to giggle, she couldn't even say hi to him. he came over and asked how we were and then i told him i have mentioned to my girlfriend that i knew him from tv and so on. he was very nice to us and said he couldn't belive that a girl actually recognized him. i said he was doing at great job at the Score, of course!, and asked him if he was able to get ticktes to all the movies he wanted, he said he did, but he had to wait in line for 3 and a half hours...well, us mortals also had to wait that long. finally he just went away and my girlfriend, still giggling, complained that he didn't shake her hand. :-{ :-b

right after that we went inside the box office to buy the ticktes, but unfortunatelly we were not able to get ticktes to the movie we wanted...ehhh...we got tickets for another movie...after all that time in line we had to get something.

i can say it was pretty exciting day, but now i wonder...what if adnan virk bought the last tickets?
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 213)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:17 am

Wow KC, that's really.....ummmm....sad. Adnan Virk eh? Not even the skank with the big boobs that sits with him but Big Bad Adnan himself :-D .

Before we had kids, when we lived downtown we used to go out to Film Festival events every year. A former classmate of ours is a VP of Astral Communications and she used to take us to events and premiers all of the time. The two big highlights were going to a premier and then meeting all of the B-list stars afterwards and going out to dinner with Annette Benning (not exactly with her but she sat at the same table).
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:27 pm

You mean Caroline Frolick, Mookie? :-D

Haha, sounds like an interesting day for you KC. Hopefully Virk didn't steal your last tickets. :-° :-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bdrotoronto » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:05 pm

go_jays_go wrote:You mean Caroline Frolick, Mookie? :-D

Haha, sounds like an interesting day for you KC. Hopefully Virk didn't steal your last tickets. :-° :-D

I've always thought Caroline Frolic is about 100X hotter than Martine Gaillard ever was. But that might just be me.

On a semi-related note, I was out at a bar with some friends one night several years ago, and we noticed Elliott Friedman, Tim Micallef and Sid Seixero and some other Score guys there drinking some beers in a corner. Not used to seeing guys like that in an everyday context. Anyway, while you could get a sense that Friedman and Micallef seemed pretty cool, Seixero seemed pretty much like a mook.
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Toronto Blue Jays