Morneau's Home/road splits - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Morneau's Home/road splits

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Morneau's Home/road splits

Postby Niffoc4 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:50 pm

I was just looking at one of my teams, and the players home/road splits, and I noticed something interesting with Morneau...
at home he has hit .203 with 7 HR and a .643 OPS in 182 AB... but on the road he has hit .270 with 11 HR and an .826 OPS...
My question is, is this just small sample size or is the Metrodome a pitcher's haven?

I just looked at some other Minnesota player stats (LeCroy, Cuddyer, Ford, Hunter and Jacque Jones) and it looks like Minny is beneficial to righties (Ford, Hunter, Cuddyer, LeCroy) and detrimental to lefties (Jones and Morneau)...anyone know anything about this?
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:55 am

i wouldn't read too much into it.

if you look at least year's splits for morneau you can see that his home/away numbers were very similar:

i want to believe this was an off year for morneau and that he'll be back to being the 04 guy, but i just don't know anymore. this was his first full year in the majors, so i think we have to wait until 06 to see if this trend continues.

as for the metrodome being a pitcher's haven...well...if anything, the metrodome favours hitters, especially lefties because of the short left field fence.
Last edited by kimchi_chigae on Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby RynMan » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:34 am

Geez, way to kill this thread Kimchi. :-D

Nice observation Niffoc. I might consider picking him up on a Thursday when the Twins are away. ;-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Baseball Leftovers