BJ Ryan's contract negotiations? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

BJ Ryan's contract negotiations?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BJ Ryan's contract negotiations?

Postby Sultans of Squat » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:13 pm

Anyone has the scoop on Ryan's likelihood to re-sign w/ the Birds w/out officially entering free agency? I've heard virtually nothing so far although the latest prediction in one Rotoworld article is that he'll likely re-sign w/ the Birds (w/ no indication of when).

I'm asking because that's the only way I can keep him in my dynasty-like keeper league.

Thanks.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:01 am

Anybody w/ insights on his contract situation? Nobody? Maybe I'll need to post this over in Leftovers instead. Could really use some good insights as I'm trying to figure out whether I should free up his roster spot for a good prospect for the future since my hopes for winning this year has faded to almost zilch now.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:06 am

Not sure if this really means he'll test FA, but it sounds like he's leaning that way. Anyone heard more?

From Yahoo's player notes (excerpt from kffl.com):

Sep 16 Baltimore Orioles CL B.J. Ryan plans to test the free agency waters following the 2005 season, according to David Ginsburg of the Associated Press. "I've been thinking about it the last three years," he said. "The opportunity was there (for the Orioles to extend the contract), and it's going to be there at the end. It's also a chance for me and my family to see if there's something else out there. You've got to take everything under consideration and not rush into a decision."
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates