Bob Denver - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Bob Denver

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:51 am

Recent events prompted me to dig this post up. My contributions to this thread were my first here at the cafe and in General Talk. Up until that point I never took message boards very seriously, or particularly not the people on them. I came in assuming this was just another place where kids make fun of each other or make asinine remarks about how the Yankees suck or how great their fantasy season was going compared to everyone else.

I sure learned the very essence of how assume can be reworded because I was in for quite a surprise. I'm not proud of this thread or the way I introduced myself to the cafe, jabbing at senior members with little respect or appreciation for the quality of people that post here regularly. Though wrveres pointed out that even with a modest 41 posts, my quality vs. quantity ratio was way off. I'd argue that maybe it still is! I'm a General Talk rat like acs and a few of you other guys, but I have learned something through my time here... I love this place.

I wouldn't just argue that this is the best fantasy baseball forum on the Internet, but the best forum altogether. The quality of guys here (I think I have yet to run across a female, but hey, you can't have it all) are second to none. In the fantasy baseball section here everyone is eager to help with any question you have; and as annoying as WHIR may be, it's not even necessary... almost everyone helps in return no matter what the question.

My favorite part is general talk because, well, you really get to know your fellow posters. And while opinions and disagreements have flared up from time to time, everything always straightens itself out (thanks mostly to a tenacious yet fair mod/admin team) and the great sense of humor from everyone here stands out more than anything. It's not just a cafe; it's a community and I feel like I know some of you guys personally, as ridiculous as that may sound.

So, whether or not digging this up was appropriate, I don't know. I've stepped on some toes here and gotten people wound up. I even have a yellow card next to my screen name from that first month here. But I quickly learned that this wasn't just another message board and that I could just be myself. Being respectful came easy with how respectful everyone is to each other here. I'd gladly buy anyone here a beer if we were ever to cross paths.

I can't tell you how glad I am to have realized all this before I got banned because I honestly could not imagine what it would be like to not have the opportunity to check in on General Talk and see the latest additions to "Who is the hottest chick" thread. Oh, and the fantasy baseball discussions are pretty good too. ;-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Coppermine wrote:Recent events prompted me to dig this post up. My contributions to this thread were my first here at the cafe and in General Talk. Up until that point I never took message boards very seriously, or particularly not the people on them. I came in assuming this was just another place where kids make fun of each other or make asinine remarks about how the Yankees suck or how great their fantasy season was going compared to everyone else.

I sure learned the very essence of how assume can be reworded because I was in for quite a surprise. I'm not proud of this thread or the way I introduced myself to the cafe, jabbing at senior members with little respect or appreciation for the quality of people that post here regularly. Though wrveres pointed out that even with a modest 41 posts, my quality vs. quantity ratio was way off. I'd argue that maybe it still is! I'm a General Talk rat like acs and a few of you other guys, but I have learned something through my time here... I love this place.

I wouldn't just argue that this is the best fantasy baseball forum on the Internet, but the best forum altogether. The quality of guys here (I think I have yet to run across a female, but hey, you can't have it all) are second to none. In the fantasy baseball section here everyone is eager to help with any question you have; and as annoying as WHIR may be, it's not even necessary... almost everyone helps in return no matter what the question.

My favorite part is general talk because, well, you really get to know your fellow posters. And while opinions and disagreements have flared up from time to time, everything always straightens itself out (thanks mostly to a tenacious yet fair mod/admin team) and the great sense of humor from everyone here stands out more than anything. It's not just a cafe; it's a community and I feel like I know some of you guys personally, as ridiculous as that may sound.

So, whether or not digging this up was appropriate, I don't know. I've stepped on some toes here and gotten people wound up. I even have a yellow card next to my screen name from that first month here. But I quickly learned that this wasn't just another message board and that I could just be myself. Being respectful came easy with how respectful everyone is to each other here. I'd gladly buy anyone here a beer if we were ever to cross paths.

I can't tell you how glad I am to have realized all this before I got banned because I honestly could not imagine what it would be like to not have the opportunity to check in on General Talk and see the latest additions to "Who is the hottest chick" thread. Oh, and the fantasy baseball discussions are pretty good too. ;-D

man you are one pathetic loser :-D j/k

I just noticed i didn't PWN you once in this whole thread...I gotta go find the first time I pwned you
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ironman » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:10 pm

That's kind of funny reading that now. Especially the part where Red Stripe recommends you for the idiot icon. Given what we know now about him....

I got curious and dug out my very first post ever. I wrote a rant about Sandbox and the crappy way they morphed into a pay site.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:28 pm

ironman wrote:That's kind of funny reading that now. Especially the part where Red Stripe recommends you for the idiot icon. Given what we know now about him....

I got curious and dug out my very first post ever. I wrote a rant about Sandbox and the crappy way they morphed into a pay site.

mine was a stupid rate my team post :-t
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:58 pm

Ha My first post ever!!

I see Blaylock is up against Zito...So im leaning Miguel Cabrera Out of my outfield to 3B since hes facing montreal...Even though He is facing a righty who hes not as solid against.

Might be my best too!

I didn't find General talk until 23 days after my first post here is what I said and the link.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

I am also trapped in the cave of neverending silence in the land of elkwoods...wait what forum is this?

Did I start the Barry Bonds debate?? My first new thread in GT.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ironman » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:52 pm

acsguitar wrote:Ha My first post ever!!

I see Blaylock is up against Zito...So im leaning Miguel Cabrera Out of my outfield to 3B since hes facing montreal...Even though He is facing a righty who hes not as solid against.

Might be my best too!

Who was your 3B? Hank or Mookie? ;-)
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Previous

Return to General Talk