liriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

liriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Paulie Walnuts » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:18 pm

Looks like my boy Liriano gets his chance, thanks to the KevinBrownOliverPerezness of Mr. L-oh-oh-se...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2155803

Kyle Lohse might have dented more than a door when he took out his frustration after being pulled from his last start after just two innings.

Lohse dented manager Ron Gardenhire's office door, apparently with a bat, injured his finger and might have permanently fractured his already strained relationship with the Twins, the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported Thursday.

He also might have jeopardized his place in the rotation -- and on the team's roster.

Lohse said he was still in the starting rotation "as far as I know," but Gardenhire has expressed a desire to get prospect Francisco Liriano at least one start this season.
Paulie Walnuts
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:11 pm

Paulie Walnuts wrote:Looks like my boy Liriano gets his chance, thanks to the KevinBrownOliverPerezness of Mr. L-oh-oh-se...

Kyle Lohse might have dented more than a door when he took out his frustration after being pulled from his last start after just two innings.

Lohse dented manager Ron Gardenhire's office door, apparently with a bat, injured his finger and might have permanently fractured his already strained relationship with the Twins, the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported Thursday.

He also might have jeopardized his place in the rotation -- and on the team's roster.

Lohse said he was still in the starting rotation "as far as I know," but Gardenhire has expressed a desire to get prospect Francisco Liriano at least one start this season.
As if the Twins didn't have any reason to want to give Liriano some starts in the first place, Kyle Lohse just couldn't make the decision any easier could he? I guess there's no reason to get too excited until we hear anything official though.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dorje3 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:27 am

mcqfesijiba wrote:
Paulie Walnuts wrote:Looks like my boy Liriano gets his chance, thanks to the KevinBrownOliverPerezness of Mr. L-oh-oh-se...

As if the Twins didn't have any reason to want to give Liriano some starts in the first place, Kyle Lohse just couldn't make the decision any easier could he? I guess there's no reason to get too excited until we hear anything official though.

;-D ;-D ;-D
I was just about to post this.
Liriano will now get his shot. I might even have to start him, playoffs and all.
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby unclepaulie » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:30 am

So when does he get his start?
Image <-----Meet the "NEW" Mets

"I pity the mind that can only spell a word one way"
-Thomas Jefferson
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: @ your house with my dirty shoes on ya white couch!

Postby benjapage » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:03 am

YES--when does he start? i want on the bandwagon! ooh, i LOVE bandwagons!

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:27 pm

Liriano is probably going to start Monday against Det

I love baseball. I'm actually a Reds fun but love fantasy baseball. Me, I like Lohse and can see him become very good with his 4 good pitches. If he could just learn to locate and get some mound presence and not be a hot head he I think he could a be stud pitcher. I think a pitching caoch like Leo Mazzone would really benefit Lohse. He just doesn't know how to pitch and needs a lot of help with his mechanics. A lot of times hitters know what he is thowing before he releases the ball. He needs to mask his pitch selection better with the same delivery. Mix it up and realize that he can't blow it by everybody, and throwing it right down the middle isn't gonna help. He sorta reminds me of a right handed Tom Glavine, dominating with his location, but by changing locations and mixing up pitch speeds I really do think Lohse could be a very god pitcher. Lohse could actually add 1-2 MPH on his fastball and slider with better mechanics. I think a change in location would do Lohse some good. LOCATE LOHSE, LOCATE LOHSE
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby Paulie Walnuts » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:17 pm

benjapage wrote:YES--when does he start? i want on the bandwagon! ooh, i LOVE bandwagons!

b

Noooooooo... No band and no wagons.... Noooo... 8-o

This guy isn't Matt Riley... :-o
Paulie Walnuts
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mcqfesijiba » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:09 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Liriano is probably going to start Monday against Det

I love baseball. I'm actually a Reds fun but love fantasy baseball. Me, I like Lohse and can see him become very good with his 4 good pitches. If he could just learn to locate and get some mound presence and not be a hot head he I think he could a be stud pitcher. I think a pitching caoch like Leo Mazzone would really benefit Lohse. He just doesn't know how to pitch and needs a lot of help with his mechanics. A lot of times hitters know what he is thowing before he releases the ball. He needs to mask his pitch selection better with the same delivery. Mix it up and realize that he can't blow it by everybody, and throwing it right down the middle isn't gonna help. He sorta reminds me of a right handed Tom Glavine, dominating with his location, but by changing locations and mixing up pitch speeds I really do think Lohse could be a very god pitcher. Lohse could actually add 1-2 MPH on his fastball and slider with better mechanics. I think a change in location would do Lohse some good. LOCATE LOHSE, LOCATE LOHSE
If that's true that Liriano will start Monday, it couldn't come at a better time with the way the Tigers' offense is going right now.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sultans of Squat » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:19 pm

Paulie Walnuts wrote:
benjapage wrote:YES--when does he start? i want on the bandwagon! ooh, i LOVE bandwagons!

b

Noooooooo... No band and no wagons.... Noooo... 8-o

This guy isn't Matt Riley... :-o

Matt Riley? :D I missed out on Liriano (to my best competitor unfortunately), and I'm hoping he stumbles badly at first so that he gets dropped for me to snatch up. :*)
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby bigken117 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:28 am

does Liriano start again Sat/Sun?...a 2 start week from Liriano during the semifinals of my H2H playoffs would be freaking sweet!
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers