liriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

liriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

liriano

Postby cubsin'05 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:07 pm

has anybody besides me seen this guy pitch??? even after the monster shot he served up to GMJ, he settled down and struck out two of the next three batters... i think this guy has potential written all over him... what's the likelihood he makes the rotation next year???

tim B-)
cubsin'05
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LooseCannon » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:35 pm

I think this belongs in Leftovers... and for your question sorry, but i have no clue.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:26 pm

I think he'll make the rotation but not sure who he'll replace. I know they want he and Baker in the rotation in 2006.

Santana
Radke
Silva
Baker
Liriano

Out from that list are Mays (too inconsistent) & Lohse (worn out he welcome I think). I look for Jones toy be packaged with one of these guys in a trade.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 134)

Postby warrick95 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:03 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I think he'll make the rotation but not sure who he'll replace. I know they want he and Baker in the rotation in 2006.

Santana
Radke
Silva
Baker
Liriano

Out from that list are Mays (too inconsistent) & Lohse (worn out he welcome I think). I look for Jones toy be packaged with one of these guys in a trade.

Jacque Jones is an FA, isn't he?

I think that rotation looks pretty accurate, assuming that none of those players (meaning Silva, as I know the others are under contract) are free agents.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:12 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I think he'll make the rotation but not sure who he'll replace. I know they want he and Baker in the rotation in 2006.

Santana
Radke
Silva
Baker
Liriano

i would be super pleased with a rotation headlined by santana and liriano and baker holding up the end of it....liriano and baker both have the skill levels to be 1A or #2 starting pitchers in the bigs....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Broncmet724 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:22 pm

I think Liriano is headed for the pen with an eye on closing in the future. But with the Twins you never can tell
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:47 pm

I believe Jones has a club option for next year, so if they were smart they would do the option and make a trade considering their outfield is and has been for a long time very deep. I've heard they want Hunter, Krubel, & Stewart for their OF. Also, they have Nathan to close and future closer Crain in line later on. I think the question mark is what they will do with Grant Balfour. I know they like him a lot. Anybody got anymore info???
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 134)

Postby brandnew » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:43 pm

The Twins would be retarded to put Liriano in the pen with all that relief talent they have. Romero, Rincon, Crain, Nathan..... you don't need another reliever. Put this kid in the rotation and let him become a star.

Damn, Santana, Radke, Liriano, Baker. Not bad.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby warrick95 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:55 pm

Broncmet724 wrote:I think Liriano is headed for the pen with an eye on closing in the future. But with the Twins you never can tell

??? He has three good pitches...mid 90s fastball, great curve, plus change. I think I saw Liriano throw some sliders in there, too.

Is that because of his injury problems? If so, I see your point, but no way he should be relegated to the pen without failing as a starter. He certainly has the stuff and package to start.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DCNats » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:12 am

If Liriano does go to the pen, it will be temporary. The Twins have outright stated as much. More than likely he'll be in the rotation beginning next year if he doesn't find his way into it at some point this year.

So what does everyone think of this kid's ceiling? I know it's pretty high, but has anyone heard his stuff compared to other pitchers?
DCNats
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers