Wright's value for next season? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wright's value for next season?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wright's value for next season?

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:04 pm

I just have to say, that this kid is ridiculous, and easily the 2nd best 3rd basemen behind Arod. With the numbers he is putting up right now, he would get MVP consideration if the Mets somehow took the wild card.

So, how much has his value risen this year (stupid question, obviously a ton)? Where will, and should he be drafted next year? And will he be, perhaps, a late first rounder in 12 team leagues? To me, his upside seems almost endless, and this is coming from a yankee fan.....
disgruntledjetsfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wright's value for next season?

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:06 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:I just have to say, that this kid is ridiculous, and easily the 2nd best 3rd basemen behind Arod. With the numbers he is putting up right now, he would get MVP consideration if the Mets somehow took the wild card.

So, how much has his value risen this year (stupid question, obviously a ton)? Where will, and should he be drafted next year? And will he be, perhaps, a late first rounder in 12 team leagues? To me, his upside seems almost endless, and this is coming from a yankee fan.....

Next year he is not a first rounder...second/third probably. His value has risen quite a bit as we knew he had potential but half a season is not enough of a track record. He's proven himself this year though and in the near future will probably become a first rounder.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Wright's value for next season?

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:17 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:I just have to say, that this kid is ridiculous, and easily the 2nd best 3rd basemen behind Arod. With the numbers he is putting up right now, he would get MVP consideration if the Mets somehow took the wild card.

MCab is going to be a 3rd rounder, and if the Cubs were in contention, Ramirez would still be playing and end up with better numbers. But Wright is very good. And no, he wouldn't be anywhere close to MVP. Lee and Pujols crush him numberwise.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The_Met_Threat » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:24 pm

M-Cab a 3rd rounder??? You prolly meant 3rd basemen. M-cab is easily a first rounder. David Wright is a late 2nd or early 3rd and in a keeper early 2nd or even a first depending on how long you keep the players.

David Wright is an amazing player. Hell be the 3rd best 3b for a while tho because of A-rod and M-cab but hes better than Aramis. And hes gonna keep getting better. Hes still 5 years from the avg. peak year.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:32 pm

I say Wright is an early 3rd rounder and in a another year or two I think he could be a top 5 pick depending on how well some of the current top superstars perform in the next couple years. I just wish I couldve got ahold of him in my keeper I mean he wasn't taken until the 8th round I think, damn I couldve had him so easy. :-/
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:07 pm

If the mets make the playoffs he will deservedly get MVP consideration....wont win, but he should be mentioned. Look at what he's done in the second half. I believe the leads the NL in AVG and RBI since the break, not to mention that he is already a gold glove caliber 3B. I almost traded for him in the offseason in my keeper league last year, but decided against, luckily the guy I was going to trade with didn't keep him, so I grabbed him in the draft...he will be a top 10 guy in two years.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:22 am

I traded him and Bill Hall a few weeks after the break for ARam and Garland to help my team this year. We're in a draft number based keep 4 league and I got Wright in the 7th...so Im pretty sick now that ARam went down. But I then took Garland and Beltran and got Manny Ram...But Wright is so good, the first trade is killing me everytime I see him stats.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby AT » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:49 am

I likely won't draft him higher than the 3rd round because of the depth at his position but he's no doubt deserving of a late 2nd round choice and is probably the #3 3rd baseman behind ARod and MCab. I have him slightly more valuable than Aramis and Ensberg for next year but with Chipper, Blalock, Chavez all available at the position I probably won't be drafting Wright where he is likely to go but if it gets to a "best player available" situation I would have no problem taking him.

I expect Cabrera to be available in the late 1st Round so if I have a back-end pick I'll be taking him as my 3B most likely either on the way up or early in the 2nd round on the way back. Only circumstance I see myself taking Wright is in the 3rd or 4th round if I haven't already taken either Cabrera or ARod, who I'll be gunning for whether I'm in the front or the back of a draft's order.

But who knows, I could always use MCab in the OF. Wright's no doubt an intriguing player for next season since his value will vary greatly from draft to draft I think.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby baseball6791 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:16 pm

I grabbed this guy LATE in my draft this year and let's just say that I'm very happy with that pick. As for next year, I see him going somewhere around the 3rd round in redraft leagues, and 2nd/possibly 1st in keepers. He's a guy with the ability to play 3B, hit 320+, hit 30+ homers, steal 20+ bases, and score and drive in 100+ runs/rbi. Next year I see his numbers being able to look something like:

.318 BA, 105 R, 112 RBI, 31 HR, 20 SB

Easily 3rd round numbers IMO.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RAmst23 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:21 pm

baseball6791 wrote:I grabbed this guy LATE in my draft this year and let's just say that I'm very happy with that pick. As for next year, I see him going somewhere around the 3rd round in redraft leagues, and 2nd/possibly 1st in keepers. He's a guy with the ability to play 3B, hit 320+, hit 30+ homers, steal 20+ bases, and score and drive in 100+ runs/rbi. Next year I see his numbers being able to look something like:

.318 BA, 105 R, 112 RBI, 31 HR, 20 SB

Easily 3rd round numbers IMO.

Anyone who took a flyer on Wright this year should be ecstatic! nice pick-up. I'd be hesitant to take Wright in the 3rd just because he is still young and I worry that he might not produce those numbers again.. I say that now of course, but if it's the 3rd round of next years draft and he's sitting there, well.. my tune might change.

Also with MCab, I'd rather take the kid in the 2nd than the 1st, but the difference between a late 1st rounder and an early 2nd rounder, well not too much.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers