Can we declare Farnsworth the Atlanta closer now? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Can we declare Farnsworth the Atlanta closer now?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mamorris » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:32 am

hybrid wrote:Yeah the only way he will lose it is if he loses his control. Because when he is on he can be unhittable, it's just wrong to have a high 90's FB w/ a slider that can be low 90's.

When you say "loses control", do you mean he starts walking people, or loses control like he did with Jeremy Affeldt and Paul Wilson?
mamorris
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:25 am

mamorris wrote:
hybrid wrote:Yeah the only way he will lose it is if he loses his control. Because when he is on he can be unhittable, it's just wrong to have a high 90's FB w/ a slider that can be low 90's.

When you say "loses control", do you mean he starts walking people, or loses control like he did with Jeremy Affeldt and Paul Wilson?

I think he meant both :-D
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Real_Deal_Ryan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:10 am

mamorris wrote:

Ah, that Wilson beat down was classic. I still have the sports section of the newspaper with a big picture of that in my room.
Real_Deal_Ryan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby AT » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:49 am

Special thanks to the St. Louis homers here (You know who you are) who advised me that it was alright to drop Edmonds for Farnsworth 1 hour before Farnsworth pitched against the Cubs and recorded his 1st save with the Braves. I'll be going into the h2h playoffs with 5 closers now. :-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers