I'm out of the playoffs, what to do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I'm out of the playoffs, what to do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AKhomebrewer » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:18 am

JTWood wrote:... between the consistant playoff presence of the Cards and my creation of a complicated FBB league that's active virtually year-round, I have lost almost all interest in football.

It's actually kinda nice... :-°

You are to be commended for this elegant solution. Myself, I like the diversion football provides and I generally scale back my fantasy baseball in the winter to 'recharge.' But this idea has merit ...
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I'm out of the playoffs, what to do?

Postby mamorris » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:49 am

Mills13 wrote:We're in a re-draft league so I can't worry about keepers. We don't have a lottery until the superbowl in which I'm favored to get second pick overall. Am I really just supposed to sit here while everyone else is battling in the playoffs?

It's funny, every other option suggested was related to fantasy sports in some way. With your new-found spare time, I'd suggest learning a new language, getting a job if you don't have one, actually working at work if you do have one, or something "Xtreme" like rock-climbing.

;)
mamorris
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby JTWood » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:53 am

mamorris wrote:It's funny, every other option suggested was related to fantasy sports in some way. With your new-found spare time, I'd suggest learning a new language, getting a job if you don't have one, actually working at work if you do have one, or something "Xtreme" like rock-climbing.

;)

Are you actually suggesting that he expand his horizons, enjoy other cultures, and become reacquainted with nature and the joy of physical exercise?

Because if you are, I think you need a yellow card.

:-t

ps - ;-7
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby AT » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:18 am

Time to start making your Pre-Draft rankings for 2006 ;-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dyuen87 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:08 pm

sleeeeep and not worry about the 10:05 angels and a's game. im pretty sure after a long season you missed out on good hours. ;-D
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mamorris » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:30 pm

JTWood wrote:
mamorris wrote:It's funny, every other option suggested was related to fantasy sports in some way. With your new-found spare time, I'd suggest learning a new language, getting a job if you don't have one, actually working at work if you do have one, or something "Xtreme" like rock-climbing.

;)

Are you actually suggesting that he expand his horizons, enjoy other cultures, and become reacquainted with nature and the joy of physical exercise?

Because if you are, I think you need a yellow card.

:-t

ps - ;-7

Haha, very nice. I don't know what a yellow card does, but if it's anything like a yellow card in soccer, I promise to keep my blasphemous comments to myself in future.
mamorris
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers