I'm out of the playoffs, what to do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I'm out of the playoffs, what to do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I'm out of the playoffs, what to do?

Postby Mills13 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:38 pm

We're in a re-draft league so I can't worry about keepers. We don't have a lottery until the superbowl in which I'm favored to get second pick overall. Am I really just supposed to sit here while everyone else is battling in the playoffs?
Mills13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 575
Joined: 25 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I'm out of the playoffs, what to do?

Postby JTWood » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:41 pm

Mills13 wrote:We're in a re-draft league so I can't worry about keepers. We don't have a lottery until the superbowl in which I'm favored to get second pick overall. Am I really just supposed to sit here while everyone else is battling in the playoffs?

Join a keeper league. For more fun, join a contract, keeper league. For the most fun, join a contract, keeper league with a free agent auction period in the pre-season.

;-D
Last edited by JTWood on Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Re: I'm out of the playoffs, what to do?

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:43 pm

JTWood wrote:
Mills13 wrote:We're in a re-draft league so I can't worry about keepers. We don't have a lottery until the superbowl in which I'm favored to get second pick overall. Am I really just supposed to sit here while everyone else is battling in the playoffs?

Join a keeper league. For more fun, join a contract, keeper league. For the most fun, join a contract, keeper league with a free agent auction period in the pre-season.

;-D


Agreed, find a new keeper league or something where you could get action started right away. ;-D
Image
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4112
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby mwb743s » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:49 pm

FOOTBALL!!!
Remember "I" before "E", except in Budweiser
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1917
Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby dyuen87 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:42 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:
mwb743s wrote:FOOTBALL!!!


Thats right


cant wait till next week ;-D


yeap. worry about them J E T S! JETS JETS JETS JETS! ;-D
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2514
Joined: 26 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:45 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:
mwb743s wrote:FOOTBALL!!!


Thats right


cant wait till next week ;-D


yeap. worry about them J E T S! JETS JETS JETS JETS! ;-D
J-A-G-S JAGS JAGS JAGS

;-)
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1790
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the Golf Course

Postby vapormike » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:17 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:
mwb743s wrote:FOOTBALL!!!


Thats right


cant wait till next week ;-D


yeap. worry about them J E T S! JETS JETS JETS JETS! ;-D
J-A-G-S JAGS JAGS JAGS

;-)


(J)-B-R-O-W-ah, screw it.
vapormike
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 204
Joined: 9 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:51 pm

It sucks to be out of the playoffs, but you can fight for the consolation prize if your league does that, or join a keeper league.
Image
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4084
Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Busting ghosts

Postby Lenny Dykstra » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:53 pm

Now you can worry about if Tatum Bell has more value than Mike Anderson.
Lenny Dykstra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 565
Joined: 1 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: deep deep down on planet X

Postby JTWood » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:04 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:
mwb743s wrote:FOOTBALL!!!


Thats right


cant wait till next week ;-D


yeap. worry about them J E T S! JETS JETS JETS JETS! ;-D
J-A-G-S JAGS JAGS JAGS

;-)

C-A-R-E I Do Not Care!

:-D

Seriously, though, between the consistant playoff presence of the Cards and my creation of a complicated FBB league that's active virtually year-round, I have lost almost all interest in football.

It's actually kinda nice... :-°
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact