How long will pujols be out - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

How long will pujols be out

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How long will pujols be out

Postby sportsguy80 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:38 am

i want to know if anybody knows how long pujols will be sidelined i heard that he has a problem with his heel and might be sidelined. Im just in the first week of the playoffs and pujols has been the go to guy on my team and he helped me make the playoffs thats why i believe my chances of winning without him are bad. If anybody knows any info on him please tell me it would help

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby JTWood » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:48 pm

I've heard one week.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:51 pm

St. Louis Post-Dispatch wrote:The same foot pain that led first baseman Albert Pujols to receive ultrasound therapy twice last winter has resurfaced, causing La Russa to suggest that Pujols may get several games off later this month to undergo additional treatment. Pujols began experiencing soreness in his left foot during last weekend's series against the Washington Nationals, according to La Russa. Plantar fasciitis, an inflammation of the tendon beneath the foot, has caused Pujols increased discomfort since the club arrived in Houston. Head trainer Barry Weinberg said doctors would evaluate Pujols during the coming home stand, and a time may be set for him to undergo a procedure that typically sidelines him for three or four days. If Pujols was in pain, he didn't allow it to slow him in the Cardinals' two-run rally in Saturday's fourth inning. He singled to center and made an aggressive turn toward second. After advancing on a groundball, Pujols took third on a Clemens pitch that short-hopped catcher Brad Ausmus. Breaking on contact, he scored on So Taguchi's groundball as third baseman Morgan Ensberg made a poor throw home.

I think the last part is the most important. He can play through pain.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsguy80 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:41 pm

he went 2-3 tonight with a HR and 3 RBI's thats good news im just hoping he doesnt go down i can afford to lose another superstar i already lost ARAM :-o

Sep 5 Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols aggravated his left heel last weekend in the series against the Nationals and may require an absence from the lineup for a few days. "It's been sore for a week; that's why he's not running a lot of balls out," manager Tony La Russa told MLB.com on Saturday. "At some point between now and the end, we're going to have to have him do that procedure, and that's going to cost him four or five days. Not sure when that's going to be." Pujols received two non-invasive treatments on the same heel, called OssaTron treatments, in the offseason to remedy the plantar fasciitis discomfort that bothered him during the second half of the season.
Views: The last thing fantasy owners want during the stretch run is for their superstar player to be sidelined for a week. A player like Prince Albert is capable of putting up very gaudy numbers in just one week. It doesn't seem as though the Cardinals will rest him until they have clinched a playoff spot so fantasy owners won't need to rely on a capable temporary replacement just yet. We'll be sure to update you when he has the treatments and his prognosis thereafter.

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Return to St. Louis Cardinals