Beltran's value for next year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran's value for next year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:55 pm

Beltran has sleeper for 2006 written all over him ..
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Webster11 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:03 pm

wrveres wrote:Beltran has sleeper for 2006 written all over him ..

Thats the way i see it ;-D
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:13 pm

Don't get your hopes up guys... he will play better next year because there will be a lot less pressure on him and he'll have settled down by then, but he is definitely not going to be worth 4th round material...

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby This is the year » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:30 pm

I think this year is a fluke bad year for Beltran. I know he's disappointed a lot of people, but before this year he was considered one of the more consistent players out there. Average out his 2005 and 2004 numbers and that's where I think he'll be -- I'd say .280, 100 runs, 100 RBI, 25 homers, 25 stolen bases. I'd be happy to have in him the 4th or 5th round.
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:39 pm

This is the year wrote:I think this year is a fluke bad year for Beltran. I know he's disappointed a lot of people, but before this year he was considered one of the more consistent players out there. Average out his 2005 and 2004 numbers and that's where I think he'll be -- I'd say .280, 100 runs, 100 RBI, 25 homers, 25 stolen bases. I'd be happy to have in him the 4th or 5th round.

same, though I'm pretty mad at my number 1 pick for this year :-/
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The_Met_Threat » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:20 pm

This is the year wrote:I think this year is a fluke bad year for Beltran. I know he's disappointed a lot of people, but before this year he was considered one of the more consistent players out there. Average out his 2005 and 2004 numbers and that's where I think he'll be -- I'd say .280, 100 runs, 100 RBI, 25 homers, 25 stolen bases. I'd be happy to have in him the 4th or 5th round.

Yes this is the exact same i believe. And that is Late first/Second round production, which can be had in the 4th or 5th. Some people saying they wont draft him till the 10th. He has sleeper written all over him, he wont be traded i mean he has a 7 year contract. I believe hell settle in and come back to his normal stats. I dont think the park really had anything to do with it in Houston. Beltran hits a lot to center and right. And houston is pretty much the same at that, especially center which is about 20 feet longer than shea's i think. I forget the for sure dimensions, i know Houston is smaller, but i dont think its that amazing. I still think Teixiera would hit within 5 hr of what he has every year in Arlington if he played in another park. The only one that i think matters is Colorado because its actually the air that affects it. If anyone can actually can pull up the difference in dimensions between Houston and NY and find out how many more hr hed hit in houston right now with the length of the hits hes had this year. I believe hes just had a bad year this year, nothing to do with the park, hes just played badly.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby brandnew » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:35 pm

Webster11 wrote:
brandnew wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Someone will take him in the first 4 rounds in almost every league I should think...I know it will not be me. No reason to gamble like that with a guy who is putting up round 15 or so numbers. I would not touch him top 80 overall. Someone will spend a round 4 pick on the guy in all likelihood and bypass an ARam or the like or even a second rounder and bypass a Tex or the like....to each his own. Sometimes those risks pay off...most of the time they do not and are just stupidity.

Great point... I've learned my lesson this year in fantasy baseball. Always go for the guys you know will produce. I'm trying to get guys like Ortiz and Aramis next year. Pure studs.

Good idea in theory but who knows who is going to be a sure thing next year. Coming into this year Helton, Thome, Rolen, Beltran among others were all considered very safe picks.

I thought of that, but try to shy away from the older guys who have a chance of diminishing (Thome, Helton), and Beltran was not considered a sure thing... half the people said he was going to bust and the other half were saying he's going to be the best player in fantasy this year. Rolen had a career year last year, and was a decently safe pick, but I don't think he's going to repeat that, and was just hampered by injuries.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby brandnew » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:37 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
brandnew wrote:
Lenny Dykstra wrote:Once he gets traded for Manny Ramirez in the off season his value will be great playing in Fenway.

Rolen
Pujols
Manny

8-o

Huh? Manny would be with the Mets if that happened.

I have no idea why, but I thought I was looking at the "Edmonds sucks" thread. Still,

Wright
Manny
Floyd

is pretty sick.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dyuen87 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:05 pm

his situation is ALMOST like the one arod had last year. they both put up decent numbers, but nothing like what the fans expected. im not saying his numbers will be anywhere near arod's this year, but i can see a good healthy jump in his numbers.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RAmst23 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:37 am

If the projection for Beltran next year is a .280 hitter going 20/20 with 80 RBIs, well then a 4th round pick on him is a complete waste. I mean cmon, that's Torii Hunter's stat line.

Where you take Beltran relies completely on your projection for him (hm not obvious point at all.) If you think he's going to simply be a 20/20 player from now on, ignore the guy unless he's in the 7-8th round range. I'm not too sure what I think of Beltran yet, as I'm waiting to see what kind of #'s he puts up to finish off this season.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers