Beltran's value for next year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran's value for next year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:33 am

Hes probably one of those guys Ill steer clear of, Im not one to go for these risky players. Now if he fell to me like somewhere in the 6th or 7th round then I might consider taking him but Im sure someone will take him before that in all of my leagues.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:49 am

Someone will take him in the first 4 rounds in almost every league I should think...I know it will not be me. No reason to gamble like that with a guy who is putting up round 15 or so numbers. I would not touch him top 80 overall. Someone will spend a round 4 pick on the guy in all likelihood and bypass an ARam or the like or even a second rounder and bypass a Tex or the like....to each his own. Sometimes those risks pay off...most of the time they do not and are just stupidity.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:42 pm

giants! wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:if he puts up another massive last month of the season, or god forbid the mets make the playoffs and he does good. some idiot will take him in the late first early 2nd round again.

He wasnt going late first early second. He was a concencus top 4 pick.
next year hell go late 1st round early 2nd
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby brandnew » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:51 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Someone will take him in the first 4 rounds in almost every league I should think...I know it will not be me. No reason to gamble like that with a guy who is putting up round 15 or so numbers. I would not touch him top 80 overall. Someone will spend a round 4 pick on the guy in all likelihood and bypass an ARam or the like or even a second rounder and bypass a Tex or the like....to each his own. Sometimes those risks pay off...most of the time they do not and are just stupidity.

Great point... I've learned my lesson this year in fantasy baseball. Always go for the guys you know will produce. I'm trying to get guys like Ortiz and Aramis next year. Pure studs.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:01 pm

After this year, where I wasted a 4th overall pick on him, I am staying far away from him. :-t I'll let someone waster a high pick on him
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dyuen87 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:14 pm

he was a hot hitter in a hitters ball park last year. now he's in a pitcher's ball park at shea. 20/30 .280 80 rbis could be expected next year right? id take him in the late 3rd to early 4th round if possible.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lenny Dykstra » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:51 pm

Once he gets traded for Manny Ramirez in the off season his value will be great playing in Fenway.
Lenny Dykstra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby brandnew » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:07 pm

Lenny Dykstra wrote:Once he gets traded for Manny Ramirez in the off season his value will be great playing in Fenway.

Rolen
Pujols
Manny

8-o
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:27 pm

brandnew wrote:
Lenny Dykstra wrote:Once he gets traded for Manny Ramirez in the off season his value will be great playing in Fenway.

Rolen
Pujols
Manny

8-o

Huh? Manny would be with the Mets if that happened.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Webster11 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:42 pm

brandnew wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Someone will take him in the first 4 rounds in almost every league I should think...I know it will not be me. No reason to gamble like that with a guy who is putting up round 15 or so numbers. I would not touch him top 80 overall. Someone will spend a round 4 pick on the guy in all likelihood and bypass an ARam or the like or even a second rounder and bypass a Tex or the like....to each his own. Sometimes those risks pay off...most of the time they do not and are just stupidity.

Great point... I've learned my lesson this year in fantasy baseball. Always go for the guys you know will produce. I'm trying to get guys like Ortiz and Aramis next year. Pure studs.

Good idea in theory but who knows who is going to be a sure thing next year. Coming into this year Helton, Thome, Rolen, Beltran among others were all considered very safe picks.
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers