Seatle closer situation? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Seatle closer situation?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Seatle closer situation?

Postby unclepaulie » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:06 am

I saw on Rotoworld this morning that Sasaki's injury is not healing quickly and M's skipper Bob Melvin is not a happy camper. Does this mean that Nelson steps into the closer role? Or will he and Rhodes share the save situations equally.

If any Seattle fans have some good insight on this topic please feel free to chime in.

Paulie
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: @ your house with my dirty shoes on ya white couch!

Postby jdh » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:57 am

Judging from the few Mariners games that I have watched on TV the past couple days, they are using either RHodes or Nelson based on the situation and who is at bat. On Sunday, they had Hasegawa, Rhodes and Nelson all pitch to batters in the 9th inning based on matchups. Since Nelson is the rightie, he will probably get most of the saves while Rhodes would normally be used as a situational lefty, depending on who the opposing team has coming up. Apparently, under certain situations, they said that Hasegawa could also get save chances.

I highly doub that Sasaki's job is in any jeopardy long term though. He just needs to hire someone to carry his suitcases for him.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby salapolotipato » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:59 am

give it to raphel soriano!!! sorry, just some wishful thinking in my keeper league. from what i read i think rhodes and nelson are going to share the duty.
salapolotipato

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers