2006 rookies - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

2006 rookies

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stevethumb » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:34 pm

do not look for dpedroia to be anything more than a UT..he is a freddie patek type but has no speed and a poor arm that will get exposed playing everyday
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby seniorpaul » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:02 am

I think there is a good chance that Prince will be starting for the Brewers next season. Overbay is currently blocking him, but i wouldn't be surprised to see them move him in the off season. I think that he may have been traded this season, but the Brewers didn't want to be starting Hardy, Weeks, and Prince (all first year players).

Then again, Overbay is a fan favorite...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby clevername » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:23 am

Anthony Reyes should be in the Cards rotation next year.

I, too, look for Fielder to finally take over at 1st next year, but I fear a platoon type situation, at least to start the season.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Sultans of Squat » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:40 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Edwin Encarnocion might get the starting nod at 3rd for the Reds. I don't think he'll be very valuable fantasy wise considering he isn't much for speed and is pretty weak on power for a corner infielder but I think he'll be a decent average veteran.

I don't know. Maybe he just needs some time to adjust -- that's what I'm hoping. It seemed to take him a while to grow in the minors also. Playing 1/2 your games in that bandbox in Cincy's gotta help. Besides, it's not like too many of previous prospects hit it big right away on their way to becoming stars.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby oakiedragon » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:03 am

As far as Edwin Encarnacion is concerned, i have heard very good things. For those of us that follow the minors (which we all obviously do) there is a belief that doubles will eventually become HR as the player advances and increases his strength. I have heard nicknames for Encarnacion as " Mr. Doubles" so following that theory he should fair well on the power issue. I have heard predictions that are all pretty consistant that call for him to eventually be a .280-.300 hitter with 25-30 HR. capability. Also he will pick up roughly 15-20 SB. Thats pretty good for a 3b. So if he sticks with the predictions he will probably be better than avg.
oakiedragon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:34 pm

one player that has not been mentioned is ryan garko of the indians... he can flat out rake the baseball(which is good, cause most of the rest of the indians do as well)... if broussard leaves cleveland like has been talked about, it will open up a spot for sure for garko(especially with aubreys big time struggles the last year or so) and he will produce,,, no doubt about it in my mind....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball