2006 rookies - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

2006 rookies

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2006 rookies

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:39 am

I know most of the names people are interested in that are being called up this September. Which of those are going to have starting jobs in 2006? I think I heard Prince Fielder and Jeremy Hermida should.
Will Andy Marte or BJ Upton? How about some of the pitchers like Baker, Liriano, or Cain? Will Delmon Young be up next year?

I am in a dynasty league, and this will be my 2nd year and I drafted mostly pitching early so I am mainly looking at picking up some of the hitters that are up and coming
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PedroFan45 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:03 pm

Dustin Pedroia and Hanley Ramirez should compete for jobs in 06 and both may be good fantasy options for the long term. Also on the Red Sox, Papelbon (a rookie this year) should remain on the team.

Delmon Young and Jason Kubel may be up in 2006
PedroFan45
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby brandnew » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:29 pm

Marte might have a starting job next year... it's hard to say. It depends what they do with LaRoche. Chipper could move to 1st, and Marte to 3B. But apparently they love LaRoche, so I don't know. They may just keep Marte to split time with LaRoche at 1B, and backup Chipper, if/when he gets hurt.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mcqfesijiba » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:49 am

In my opinion it would be a travesty to not allow Marte the opportunity to start next year in some capacity. As a franchise, the Braves usually make the right decisions, so hopefully this situation will turn out no differently.

Also, here's to hoping Ryan Zimmerman is the Nationals' everyday 3B next year. Can't say there is any logical reason he should be blocked by Vinny Castilla. Zimmerman is ready now and the only thing Castilla is ready for is retirement.

Expect to see either Joel Zumaya and/or Justin Verlander open the season in the Tigers' rotation. It's already been stated that they will be given the opportunity to compete for at least one spot out of spring training. Neither is probably as MLB ready as Baker/Cain/Liriano, but the potential is there.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Starting Rookies Next Season

Postby Sutro » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:35 pm

I would have to say that Hermida will have a starting job in 2006. Just because the person he is loosing time to now is Jeff Conine and considering the Juan Encarnacion is in the final year of a two year contract I say the Marlin will be starting Hermida come next spring.

Other guys I think will be starting. Matt Cain... The Giants have been looking for a starter to replace Brett Tomko and Cain even as a rookie will be much better than a Brett Tomko.

Marte.... he is a question mark... He might start and he might not depending on if Chipper moves back out to the outfield or if Marte makes the switch. He is ready for the Majors and has nothing left to prove in the minors.

Delmon Young and BJ Upton.... Devil Rays management has said both of these guys will start next year in Triple-A. Which is a shock to me. Upton is starting to look like a position switch is in order and Young is ready now but I think the Devil Rays want to give him more seasoning at Triple-A.

Francisco Liriano - This guy was amazing this season and a lot of people feel he was the best pitcher in the minor this season. He should be starting for the Twinkies next spring.

Couple of other guys that could start next season...
Lastings Milledge, OF, NYM
Felix Pie, OF, CHC
Curtis Granderson, OF, DET
Hanley Ramirez, SS, BOS
Prince Fielder, 1B, MIL
Kendry Morales, 1B/DH, LAA
Anthony Lerew, SP, ATL
Sutro
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Niffoc4 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:28 pm

Jason Kubel should start for the Twins next year, as long as his knee is healthy.
Ben Johnson will probably replace Giles for the Padres next year.
Wilson Betemit and Tony Pena Jr. will probably fight for the SS job in ATL
Victorino may start in CF for the Phillies (I don't think they'll resign Lofton)
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby brandnew » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:17 pm

I'm going to go insane if Tony Pena Jr. wins the job over Betemit. Seriously, that might be one of the worst moves ever in baseball if that happens. Pena is a terrible hitter.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dannyolbb » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:13 pm

How about George Kotteras? The Padres aren't going to have a catcher when they're eliminated from the playoffs in 3 games and they'll probably bring him up from the minors, yes?
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Niffoc4 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:09 am

I'm going to go insane if Tony Pena Jr. wins the job over Betemit. Seriously, that might be one of the worst moves ever in baseball if that happens. Pena is a terrible hitter.

I can't say I'd be a big fan, but I don't know about the worst decision ever...but hopefully Betemit wins the job...
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:35 pm

Edwin Encarnocion might get the starting nod at 3rd for the Reds. I don't think he'll be very valuable fantasy wise considering he isn't much for speed and is pretty weak on power for a corner infielder but I think he'll be a decent average veteran.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball