Donate your Fantasy Baseball earnings to Katrina victims - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Donate your Fantasy Baseball earnings to Katrina victims

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:30 am

go_jays_go wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Why are we criticizing knapplc? :-?

Some are. Some aren't.

I however, am not.

Neither am I, though I don't see why someone would.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:36 am

curious_george_43545 wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Some of you guys need a serious freaking reality check. knapplc was only making a suggestion.

get over yourselves. it isn't about you. It isn't about him. It's about THEM. OVER THERE. DYING.

this thread's disgusting.

I like your 0.03 posts per day

Careful George, we don't need a squished monkey at the Cafe'. :-D

Aww's a football mod and a good guy (CLICK ME), so be nice or I'll find a mean old organ grinder to sell you to. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:57 am

Madison wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Some of you guys need a serious freaking reality check. knapplc was only making a suggestion.

get over yourselves. it isn't about you. It isn't about him. It's about THEM. OVER THERE. DYING.

this thread's disgusting.

I like your 0.03 posts per day

Careful George, we don't need a squished monkey at the Cafe'. :-D

Aww's a football mod and a good guy (CLICK ME), so be nice or I'll find a mean old organ grinder to sell you to. :-b

6.66 posts per day

ahhhhh 666!!!!! :-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Donate your Fantasy Baseball earnings to Katrina victims

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:17 am

knapplc wrote:If you play in a money league, this message is for you!

There is NO WAY the members of your league need the money they'll earn this year more than the people in Louisiana, Missippi and Alabama whose lives have been uprooted due to Hurricane Katrina. If we all proposed to our leagues that we donate the money we put into the pot to the Red Cross disaster relief fund we could make a dent in the amount they need to help these people.

If your whole league won't agree, donate what YOU earn this season. I'm giving every dime I make (and I've got a playoff-caliber team).

Make your donations to:

http://www.redcross.org/
or call 1-800-HELP-NOW

At first this post kind of comes off as an advertisement. After I thought about it, this really is just a suggestion, and none of us should be squishing this guy for suggesting to donate your winnings to help out the hurricane victims.

I personally think it wasn't the right thing to do to call knappl out either. You don't have to donate, no one's making you, just a simple suggestion. I can't believe that some people were bent out of shape over a simple suggestion.

I personally am not going to donate money. If I had some spare cash, maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't. If I lived closer, I for sure would be helping out the victims and volunteering. But, I am only 16 and really can't do a damn thing about it.

Again, no one is forcing you to donate, so just chill out, hold on to your money, and hopefully things will soon be worked out down there in Louisianna, Alabama, and Mississippi.
Woo Badgers
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RugbyD » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:08 am

SuptownSpartans34 wrote:

There is NO WAY the members of your league need the money they'll earn this year more than the people in Louisiana, Missippi and Alabama whose lives have been uprooted due to Hurricane Katrina. If we all proposed to our leagues that we donate the money we put into the pot to the Red Cross disaster relief fund we could make a dent in the amount they need to help these people.

If your whole league won't agree, donate what YOU earn this season. I'm giving every dime I make (and I've got a playoff-caliber team).

Make your donations to:

or call 1-800-HELP-NOW

At first this post kind of comes off as an advertisement. After I thought about it, this really is just a suggestion, and none of us should be squishing this guy for suggesting to donate your winnings to help out the hurricane victims.

I personally think it wasn't the right thing to do to call knappl out either. You don't have to donate, no one's making you, just a simple suggestion. I can't believe that some people were bent out of shape over a simple suggestion.

I personally am not going to donate money. If I had some spare cash, maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't. If I lived closer, I for sure would be helping out the victims and volunteering. But, I am only 16 and really can't do a damn thing about it.

Again, no one is forcing you to donate, so just chill out, hold on to your money, and hopefully things will soon be worked out down there in Louisianna, Alabama, and Mississippi.

Reread the posts, the suggestion itself was never an issue (at least in my case)
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby wrveres » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:55 am

davidmarver wrote:
wrveres wrote:solid post .. ;-D ;-D

I am sorry to hear about your wife ... I do hope everything works out for her, and the rest of your family. Its hard enough bieng a young family in todays society, and aparently your challanges are even greater than most.
Its sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and I am confident that everything will work out for the three of you.

As for your detractor here, I wouldn't stress on his BS to much, and I doubt you do. The guy is just an idiot who attacks everybody on here (still can't figure out why he hasn't been banned), and to be honest, he doesn't even play fantasy baseball. He just comes in here everyday and attacks people.

I think your call here is a noble one and I would love to see how much money we can raise for the Red Cross as a whole. I personally have allready given much more to the Red Cross this year than any of my money leagues pay, but that is beside the point. Unfortunatly, I don't appear to be in a situation to win money this year (first time in a long time) but I would be more than happy to help in any way possible ..

good luck knapplc ;-D

[some, kinda funny in an insulting flaming way, statements edited out]

Back to the topic, I think it's a noble cause and if I do win a league this year (3 playoff teams :-) ) I will donate the money. I don't really need it, so I'll be more than willing to give it to a better cause.

EDIT: Oh come on...no way that was as 'flaming' or 'insulting' as 1/4 of the stuff he posts. And I don't appreciate the fact you yourself called in flaming. Isn't that flaming my post? I think a simpe 'edited' (if it even needed to be) would have sufficed.

did I miss a good one .. ;-7
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby wrveres » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:05 am

RugbyD wrote:
SuptownSpartans34 wrote:

Make your donations to:

or call 1-800-HELP-NOW

Reread the posts, the suggestion itself was never an issue (at least in my case)

I did ;-D

Just so I understand ...

If you were sitting down having a cup of coffee, maybe in a cafe ;-7 and somebody walked up to you and said ..

"If we all proposed to our leagues that we donate the money we put into the pot to the Red Cross disaster relief fund we could make a dent in the amount they need to help these people. If your whole league won't agree, donate what YOU earn this season.
I'm giving every dime I make (and I've got a playoff-caliber team)."

You would turn to him and say ..

"Regardless of what I do or don't do, there is nothing I resent more than someone claiming moral authority over people they don't know and lecturing them on what they should and shouldn't be doing if said people have no debt to the lecturer in the first place. You are way out of line. And I'm not sorry to be blunt."

Interesting stuff.

I still can't figure out why you all decided to attack this guy ..

amazing. :-t

Now curious_george_43545 going after awwchrist, thats just plain funny.
You would have better luck trading Halladay to Madison than you would coming out on top of that one. :-b
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby josebach » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:10 am

wrveres wrote:Now curious_george_43545 going after awwchrist, thats just plain funny.
You would have better luck trading Halladay to Madison than you would coming out on top of that one. :-b

What's wrong with trading Halladay? }:-)

Regardless as to how it came across, Knapplc's initial post was just a suggestion and I really think everybody here knows that. I'm not sure why people are giving him such a hard time. To reiterate, if you have enough money to gamble on fantasy sports, you probably have enough money to donate... REGARDLESS as to whether or not you win money. It doesn't even have to be to Katrina. Donate to help fight prostate cancer, breast cancer, AIDS, heart disease, sick chldren... anything. Donate to something personal to you or your family.

Or don't. No judgement. If you're compelled to donate... do it. If not... well, there's always the next life. :-)
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RugbyD » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:55 am

wrveres wrote:
RugbyD wrote:Reread the posts, the suggestion itself was never an issue (at least in my case)

I did ;-D

Just so I understand ...

If you were sitting down having a cup of coffee, maybe in a cafe ;-7 and somebody walked up to you and said ..

"If we all proposed to our leagues that we donate the money we put into the pot to the Red Cross disaster relief fund we could make a dent in the amount they need to help these people. If your whole league won't agree, donate what YOU earn this season.
I'm giving every dime I make (and I've got a playoff-caliber team)."

You would turn to him and say ..

"Regardless of what I do or don't do, there is nothing I resent more than someone claiming moral authority over people they don't know and lecturing them on what they should and shouldn't be doing if said people have no debt to the lecturer in the first place. You are way out of line. And I'm not sorry to be blunt."

Interesting stuff.

I still can't figure out why you all decided to attack this guy ..

....because you're not rereading carefully enough. My response was to this:
knapplc wrote:So yes, to answer your implied question, I am someone who can tell people they need to help their neighbors out. I just hope people listen.
and the position of moral superiority that it implies exists for him over others. That was my issue. Through further discussion (which it sounds like you didn't read) he says it was never his intent to project that, so I don't think there's even an issue anymore.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:32 pm

blankman wrote:Its a noble thought, but who are you to say people should donate their money? Its their choice.
:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t what do u need more than those people?
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler