SDSU + 8
UAB -9.5 (I put 2 units on this)
ASU -1.5
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:48 am

Phatferd wrote:Here are the picks I made on my book.

Michigan -7
SDSU + 8
UAB -9.5 (I put 2 units on this)
ASU -1.5

I like that Michigan pick, I think Notre Dame has been getting really overrateed the past week by just beating a Pittsburgh team who freakin lost to Ohio U. and because they have Charlie Weis.

But anyway I've got a great upset pick.

Wake Forest +7
I think they are going to win outright, Nebraska ain't the program they used to be and their run defense sucks, I think they are going to pull off this upset. I mean Nebraska beat University of Friggin Maine only 25-7. Now thats sad.
Last edited by Red Stripe on Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:48 am

A little late here again but here are my picks...I would have picked Marshall +9.5 but that game has already started.
Michigan-7 After seeing Pitt lose to Ohio last night, ND's win last week isn't impressive to me.
Michigan St. -32
WF +7 Nebraska looked horrible against Maine last week.
Boise St +3.5
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Irish » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:22 am

Phatferd wrote:
Irish wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
Irish wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Irish wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:Your probably right, you guys Schedule is probably the one of the easiest in the game. Horrible. If USC was in the SEC or Big 12 there is no way they would have 2 Nat'l Championships, period. To be honest I think we should just give SC a bid to the big game right now, there's not a team on that schedule that I would be scared to face. Pitiful.

Take a team like Georgia, or Texas. They each play 2 top 10 teams and also 2 other top 25 teams. SC's toughest game is Arizona State? Come On, that's just ridiculous, ludacris and horrible schedule making, Period.

55-19 was the score of last year's "championship" game. They were the best in the business last year and it wasn't even close.

I think USC was a great team, don't get me wrong, but one game over a good team(who is really only threatened by Texas every year) and beating them isn't gonna do it for me.

They played Cal, but other then that it was a basic cake walk to the championship game. If every team in the top 10 had USC's schedule, 8 out of 10 are going undefeated. Most teams have 3 or more roadblocks on the way to the championshiop game.

USC was great, but winning 1 big game doesn't decide who the best team is. That's why, I think we would all agree, the sooner they implement playoffs the better. ;-D

Their toughest game all last season was the game against Cal, not the game against Oklahoma.

USC would have mopped up anyone last year in the title and I'm saying this while I don't even go to the school.

Well, all I'm saying is that that's pretty easy to say when you only have to beat 2 good teams to win the title. By all means USC could have beat anyone, but until the Pac-10 becomes a stronger conference I'm not too impressed when someone comes out of it undefeated, that's all.

Every year when they play the big teams they not only win they destroy them. Give me a break and admit it. It's ok for a west coast team to be the best.

VTech 24-13
Oklahoma 55-19

Auburn 23-0
Michigan 28-14

Auburn 24-17
Colorado 40-3
Iowa 38-17

Just hope they don't play your team in the NC because you wouldn't know what to do.

You made my point for me, they don't play that many good teams each year, so they have less chance of slipping up before the championship then other schools do. Like I SAID ALREADY, I'm not doubting that they are the best team, just that they have a pretty cake-walk schedule until the NC. If you took most of the top 10 and gave them the same schedule their records would probably be similair. When you can rotate your season around a few games it makes it easier to dominate them.

Let me get this right. According to you, if you take every top 10 team and gave them the same schedule they would pretty much all finish with the same record?

If every team in the top 10 would all have the same or similar record then there is never a real NC? According to this logic, everyone is pretty much the same.

You misunderstood. I meant if the top 10 teams all had USC's SCHEDULE they would all finish undefeated or with one loss, since USC has a really weak schedule IMO.

It's easy to become national champ when the road to the championship game is easy. It's not USC's fault the Pac 10 sucks, but that's the case. I think USC is an elite team, like I said before, I just wish they had the same path to the NC that other top 10 teams do. Maybe then they wouldn't be getting to that final game in the first place.

I'm now heading to Athens to watch the Dawgs whoop up on Spurrier. Peace.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:27 pm

I guess Notre Dame is better than I thought. After watching the Michigan, Notre Dame today even though Michigan has several starters not starting and Hart was injured for most of the game Notre Dame has shut down the offense of Michigan. Notre Dame's offense was impressive on the first drive, but I haven't seen them do a lot since. Of course they haven't needed too witha 2 touchdown lead. O and looking forawd to the game tonight. Should be a good one ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:42 pm

I have definitely got the CF bug, that's for sure...

What really pisses me off is that a guy at work offered me tickets to the ASU/LSU game (and I'm sure they were great seats, since the DBack tix he gave me a couple weeks ago were right behind home plate 8 rows back) and I had to turn them down because my wife and I were supposed to have plans. Then this morning she decides we're not going to go to this little get-together that we were supposed to... NOT COOL! :-t
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:42 pm

Notre Dame surprised me too, the Michigan offense couldn't do anything against them, Weis proves how great of a defensive coordinator he really is, if he hasn't shown that already. I still don't like them a whole lot but them beating Michigan really has changed my mind on them.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:47 pm

I need UAB to win by 10 and LSU to win by 2 to break even. ND is the real deal.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:29 pm

South Carolina leading Georgia 9-7. :-o

Iowa State puts a whooping on Iowa.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:34 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:South Carolina leading Georgia 9-7. :-o

Iowa State puts a whooping on Iowa.

Didn't see that one coming, Thought Iowa would smoke them.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk