Trachsel with a great quote... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trachsel with a great quote...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trachsel with a great quote...

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:53 pm

My type of humor...well done. ;-D

Rotoworld:
Steve Trachsel pitched a simulated game yesterday and his sense of humor is intact after being banished to the bullpen.
''I'm 17-and-0 in simulated games this season,'' he said. ''I almost got traded to the simulated Red Sox'' earlier this week. Victor Zambrano, tonight's starter at Florida, has stayed in front of him in the rotation largely due to having 2-0 record and 0.89 ERA in three career starts at Florida.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:37 pm

:-b

That's great! :-D

I actually do feel sorry for the guy though. A little surprised that the Mets haven't tried to move him.....or did they, and I'm unaware of it? :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:48 pm

I believe he passed waivers so he can be gotten for a contender if the Mets fall out. I believe the Red Sox wanted him but the Mets wanted some good RP in exchange, so that was nixed.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 134)

Postby Pochucker » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:02 pm

Another quote from him after finding out he was banished to the pen was " Guess I should have pitched a one_hitter".

Got to love the guy! Remember this was the guy who went to minors voluntarily 3yrs ago to get himself straightened out!
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:42 pm

The Mets have a 5M club option in 06 on him. If they do fall out of the race, the Mets will not get much for him. A couple of week rental and no one is going to pick up that option on a guy that was hurt all year. And by the sounds of thing, they have done a very nice job on annoying the guy...so whether he even would consider re-signing a new contract with them is debateable at this point.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers