Huff Analysis? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Huff Analysis?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Huff Analysis?

Postby San D » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:53 pm

Anyone watch a lot of Tampa games? What's up with Huff's swing. Looking at his numbers, he's making less contact, K/BB is worse, and his slugging percentage is down.

This tells me that he's either gotten weaker and his swing, as a result, got loopier, or that he's bored, not concentrating, and swinging at junk.

Has anyone been watching him and have input?
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zhutou » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:58 pm

didn't he say he wanted to be traded? my guess is that he just no longer wants to play for them anymore.
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby swyck » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:11 pm

11 hrs since the all-star break and a .835 OPS. Thats not bad though not as good as I'd hoped. He had a terrible first half and he's not doing so bad in the second.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby JTWood » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:29 pm

People have been bullish on him for a few years now, but I think this year broke a lot of steadfast owners' resolve.

I would put him as an excellent buy-low candidate next year.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:32 pm

If he would only get traded than I could easily see him improve.. If he stays with Tampa than I'll probably avoid him..

I mean look at his first half the past 2 years and he hasnt really rebounded this year..
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:50 pm

Miguel Cabrera's eligibility at 3B meant I could put this piece of tripe on the bench. He's a headache player, as in a guy that you own who gives you a headache because nobody wants him, you can't drop him, and you don't trust him. I for one will stay away next year. Plenty of other players out there that won't torture me.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:08 pm

I don't know...I don't think he's all that bad if you play him against favorable matchups. He's got unbelievable positional eligibility. Here's the line that he's put up for me in a lot of play (but avoiding bad matchups)...

58 runs, 17 home runs, 74 rbi's, 8 sb's, .270 average

While that's certainly not what I expected when I drafted him I'll definitely take it.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby JTWood » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:22 pm

JTWood wrote:People have been bullish on him for a few years now, but I think this year broke a lot of steadfast owners' resolve.

I would put him as an excellent buy-low candidate next year.

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Miguel Cabrera's eligibility at 3B meant I could put this piece of tripe on the bench. He's a headache player, as in a guy that you own who gives you a headache because nobody wants him, you can't drop him, and you don't trust him. I for one will stay away next year. Plenty of other players out there that won't torture me.

See? You'll be able to get him cheap next year, and that's very good risk-reward ratio, imo.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:51 am

JTWood wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:Miguel Cabrera's eligibility at 3B meant I could put this piece of tripe on the bench. He's a headache player, as in a guy that you own who gives you a headache because nobody wants him, you can't drop him, and you don't trust him. I for one will stay away next year. Plenty of other players out there that won't torture me.

See? You'll be able to get him cheap next year, and that's very good risk-reward ratio, imo.

You're right JT. I am also so sick of him that I would avoid him. Maybe that's a good reason to draft him..... :-?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby JTWood » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:50 pm

RynMan wrote:
JTWood wrote:

You're right JT. I am also so sick of him that I would avoid him. Maybe that's a good reason to draft him..... :-?

Are you being serious or sarcastic?

Anyways, if the man ever actually put together a full season at 80% of his potential, he could easily put out numbers comparable to what Griffey put up this year. And just like Griffey, you will probably be able to pick up those numbers in a comparatively late round.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers