Bonds - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bonds

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby orakana » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:04 am

He's supposed to come off tomorrow, but not straight into the lineup I hear. Peter Gammons says he will probably start as a Pinch Hitter because the doctors haven't cleared him to play OF everyday. I'm waiting for Pedro Gomez to confirm that one....

I'll have to see if he's available, I may take a shot on him.
orakana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sultans of Squat » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:10 pm

I've had him stashed away on the DL in my dynasty-like keeper league since midseason when I grabbed him off the WW as soon as the previous owner gave up on him. Didn't really think he'd actually come back to do anything this year and not sure it matters at this point as I've probably fallen a bit too far behind in the dogfight in that league. If anything, a half-a$$ return this month might cost me some roster flexibility in preparing for the future. :-[

If only both he and Drew, especially Drew, would've returned sooner to help my sputtering offense, then I might still have a realistic shot at winning that league this year. On the bright side, the realization that I've probably fallen too far behind will help me prepare for the future instead of wasting too much effort (and roster moves) to fight til the very end. At this point, I know I'll be pretty stocked in LF/CF/RF going forward w/ Bay, Dunn, Drew, Bonds, Hermida (yep, just got him), Jonny Gomes and maybe Swisher or Tracy (if I decide to keep either).
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby illiniprd » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:16 pm

Someone in my league has held onto him on their DL spot the entire season...
illiniprd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Real_Deal_Ryan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:45 pm

illiniprd wrote:Someone in my league has held onto him on their DL spot the entire season...

That is commitment!
Real_Deal_Ryan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby BravesGuy » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:06 pm

bullfrog1220 wrote:The Giants have 30 games remaining in their schedule, and Bonds hasn't swung at a real pitch yet. I'm not sure what you're expecting, but there is no way that he's going to give you anything this season.

Glad I didnt listen to you, I hope he tears it up the last 3 weeks.

Barry Bonds will start in left field and bat cleanup when he makes his long-awaited return to the lineup Monday night as they open a three-game series against the NL West-leading Padres at SBC Park. Bonds took BP and shagged fly balls in the outfield Sunday. "Right now, I'm just trying to keep my mind clear, that's it," Bonds said while quietly gripping his bats in his black recliner in the corner of the clubhouse.
(Updated 09/11/2005).
FANTASY ANALYSIS
Wow. So much for pinch hitting. Get Bonds back in your Fantasy lineup for Week 24 (Sept. 12-18) in just about every Fantasy league. Don't expect him to be completely himself, but he won't be a scrub either. The slugger, coming back from three operations on his right knee since Jan. 31, has been eager for months to resume his quest of Hank Aaron's home run record. He received medical clearance to play Saturday from Dr. Lewis Yocum, the Angels' team orthopedist who worked with Bonds for more than two months in Los Angeles until the slugger rejoined his teammates last week at Dodger Stadium. He has 703 homers, trailing only Babe Ruth (714) and Aaron (755) on the career list. "He will hit a home run," said 6-year-old Darren Baker, son of Cubs manager Dusty Baker. "That will be 704."
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 47)

Postby Sultans of Squat » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:20 am

Well, since my last post on this thread, my out-of-the-running team seems to have found a glimmer of hope again over this past weekend or so w/ much improved performances combined w/ some slowdown in the top 2 teams ahead of me. And Bonds' confirmed return to start in LF, rather than merely as a PH, *plus* Big Unit's recent improvements are putting an interesting spin for me although I might no longer be able to trust Clemens much going forward.

I'm probably setting myself up for a big letdown, but guess I'll have to postpone the concession speech in that league some more. I needed a miracle of sorts to get back in the dogfight, and maybe Bonds, Big Unit and the little weekend jumpstart for the rest of my team combined w/ the cooling off in my oppositions could be what gets me there. Hope I at least come close and give the other 2 teams a run for their money. :D
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates