set-up network of b'game watchers?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

set-up network of b'game watchers??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

set-up network of b'game watchers??

Postby Riverrat » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:51 pm

I've posted responses on Chicago players since I'm from there and watch plenty of games. Just read a post about StL and Kiko from someone who was watching the game and was informed of some interesting info. My ??? is can we form a loose network of people across the nation who regularly watch a lot of games who have access to their home team info??? Today I was watching the WSox and Pedro was pitching on a strict pitch-count. His 1st 3 innings he couldnt touch 90mph. Got better, velocity wise, last 3-innings. I think thats important info.
Any ideas???
Riverrat

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bleach168 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:54 pm

That's a great idea. I usually watch Boston, Houston, and Philadelpha so I can report on them usually. My friend likes the Dodgers (dunno why) so I'm forced to watch them sometimes too.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Riverrat » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:01 am

Bleach168, hope you're still out there. Thats exactly my point. You say you watch lots of Phils games, great!!! ??? about Duckworth. Had great k/ip last year. I'm still high on him. Can you tell me anything about him??? Arm coming around?? They plan on using him in regular rotation???
Just the thing I'm talking about.
Riverrat

Postby bleach168 » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:13 am

Sorry, I don't pay much attention to Duckworth. I do know that his velocity isn't the greatest; low 90s I think? He gets most his Ks by using a huge variety of pitches to fool hitters. He'll have a good but not great strikeout rate unless his velocity gets better.

I'll pay more attention next time he starts.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby twinsfan » Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:27 am

Doesn't the cafe already have this setup? When on the forums index page, you can scroll down and every team has a page setup for info on them. They're not used very much though, and info is often out of date. It'd be great if people actually started using them.
twinsfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:21 am

Riverrat's right - a network like this would be extremely valuable to fantasy owners (not to mention being fun). Local insight such as the post about Kiko Calero's velocity can be a huge edge when making roster decisions.

As twinsfans said, separate forums for each team are already up, and would be the perfect place for this. I have a feeling that if a few people start doing this for a handful of teams, the rest will follow suit. Care to give it a shot?

;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:50 am

Arlo wrote:Riverrat's right - a network like this would be extremely valuable to fantasy owners (not to mention being fun). Local insight such as the post about Kiko Calero's velocity can be a huge edge when making roster decisions.

As twinsfans said, separate forums for each team are already up, and would be the perfect place for this. I have a feeling that if a few people start doing this for a handful of teams, the rest will follow suit. Care to give it a shot?

;-D

;-D Not entirely off subject, but it might be kinda cool to have the chat room more noticeable/available. Maybe when you first enter the forums have it on top. "Users" could be automatically looged on. I signed up for chat, but I couldn't tell you my name or password or anything. Does anybody use the chat in it's current format?

You could save the webspace by removing alot of the underused forums. Heck start with the team forums, nobody even looks there.

And yes I know I asked for a Padres forum, but I can bitch about 'em just fine from here.
Lets go Padres
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 732)

Postby Riverrat » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:50 am

Its not only watching games but also listening. We are blessed in Chi-town with 2 great announcer/analysts...Steve Stone and Ken Harrelson.
I'll give you another example. The Cub announcers were hinting at the following and it was nowhere to be found in the newspapers. Its about Sosa and before cork-gate. They cant come out and say this outright but they can hint, read between the lines. They said that Sammy has not been the same since the beaning. Now, there is no apparent lasting injury from it. Nothing physical, so it has to be mental. He might be 'gunshy'. Cant come out and say that but thats what is being intimated. If I had Sosa I might try to get what I could for him. If he is gunshy, who knows how long that lasts!
There is plenty of info from listening also that needs to be shared. We need an outlet for it. If its the team logs at end of page OK, or a seperate web page.
Whatcha think?
Riverrat

Return to Baseball Leftovers