Mulder - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

Mulder

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mulder

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:58 am

St. Louis Post-Dispatch wrote:The Cardinals might announce their starting pitcher today for Friday's series opener against the Astros, but Tuesday's leading indicators are the game might go to Jason Marquis over Mark Mulder, who was tentatively listed for the game on a team media release. Twice scratched from his start last weekend because of neck stiffness, Mulder has not thrown from a mound since. He played catch in the outfield before Tuesday night's game while Marquis threw in the bullpen before batting practice.

My first thought is that they're playing it safe with Mulder so that he doesn't have problems when playoff-time comes around. My deeper fear is that they're hiding something that might be worse than we know about.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:15 am

If he doesn't pitch Friday I have to think it is something more serious than a stiff neck.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:23 pm

Ugh, just when he was staring to get on a roll. :-/ I'm with you guys though, I think it could be something more serious. What was it that he supposedly had trouble with at the end of last year? I think it was a hip wasn't it? :-? Don't know how that realates to a stiff neck. :-o
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:45 am

Anyone see the game against the Brewers tonight? :-o I started watching in the third and saw Reyes pitching and thought hey that's cool, maybe they bumped everyone back a day again since he did so well there in his debut, but then I checked the box score and nearly crapped myself. :-[
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby JTWood » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:17 am

Yeah, it's been a rough few days. I just hope this is them getting it out of their system pre-playoffs. Hopefully, they'll come out of this stretch with a healthy realization of their vulnerability causing them to focus better and to really buckle down - just in time for the playoffs.

;-D

At least, that's my hope... :-o
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:53 pm

JTWood wrote:Yeah, it's been a rough few days. I just hope this is them getting it out of their system pre-playoffs. Hopefully, they'll come out of this stretch with a healthy realization of their vulnerability causing them to focus better and to really buckle down - just in time for the playoffs.

;-D

At least, that's my hope... :-o

Me too. It seems about once a month Mulder, Morris and Marquis look horrible. Hopefully they do it now instead of in the playoffs.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby JTWood » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:39 pm

Today was an excellent turnaround, and further proof for my argument that Suppan should be #3 this post season.

Also note:

Edmonds, 2-for-4, 3B, HR, RBI, 2 R

If he gets hot... What is it that Mike Shannon always says? Katie bar the door?

:-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Return to St. Louis Cardinals