Holy Monkey Parts! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Holy Monkey Parts!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:04 pm

JTWood wrote:
Madison wrote:Not too surprised at all. You see people come out of thin air and beat seeds occasionally. The seed has no idea about the guy he's playing. No background, no typical types of play, etc, etc.

A bit surprised you're shocked JT. You're a tennis player, so wouldn't you agree that you study your opponent ahead of time? I know I did when I played. Knew their strengths, weaknesses, tendencies, etc.

Playing someone cold (no book, nothing to study) isn't all that easy on the professional level I'm sure.

No, I understand that it happens all of the time, but you have to admit that the Open has been Andy's tournament. He usually steps up big time when he's playing in Flushing.

True, but this really isn't that big of a shocker to me. Guess with as deep as I got into the game, seeing things like this all the time made me a bit used to it. Dunno. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:55 am

My boy Agassi won yesterday! :-) ;-D

On a side note, was that Addidas clothing he was wearing? What the heck happened to his Nike sponsorship? Can't believe he switched clothing companies......... :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby JTWood » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:07 am

Madison wrote:
JTWood wrote:
Madison wrote:Not too surprised at all. You see people come out of thin air and beat seeds occasionally. The seed has no idea about the guy he's playing. No background, no typical types of play, etc, etc.

A bit surprised you're shocked JT. You're a tennis player, so wouldn't you agree that you study your opponent ahead of time? I know I did when I played. Knew their strengths, weaknesses, tendencies, etc.

Playing someone cold (no book, nothing to study) isn't all that easy on the professional level I'm sure.

No, I understand that it happens all of the time, but you have to admit that the Open has been Andy's tournament. He usually steps up big time when he's playing in Flushing.

True, but this really isn't that big of a shocker to me. Guess with as deep as I got into the game, seeing things like this all the time made me a bit used to it. Dunno. B-)

I'll never get used to it. It's just like in baseball. The "bad" teams will still get some games off of the "good" teams, but it's still astonishing if they actually pull off a series win - even though it happens all of the time.

And Federer = :-° :-° :-°

That man is the coolest competitor to play at the level he plays at. The only other person in any sport that I see as being equally talented and equally in control of himself is Albert.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to General Talk