Moose to miss a start - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Moose to miss a start

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dimaggio5 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:41 pm

IMO Chacon is the only starter, other than Mussina, able to give the Yanks a very solid 7-8 innings 100-125 pitch game. I like Wang but with his arm trouble this year and the fact that he's, at this point in his career a 5-6 inning pitcher, I prefer to see Chacon start in the playoffs. Wang also seems to have problems the second time through a lineup, so for now it may be best to make him the long man if the Yanks go to the playoffs. With RJ, Chacon and Mussina, you have 3 starters whom have the ability to get you to the 7th inning and beyond which saves a tired bullpen. Wright seems to be a 5-6 inning pitcher and Small is between a 5 and 7. Plus Plus Small is healthier than Wang right now so I'd have to go with the healthier arm rather than push Wang. Wang is a part of the future.

It's not just the Tradition.....its Aura and Mystique
dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:26 pm

dimaggio5 wrote:IMO Chacon is the only starter, other than Mussina, able to give the Yanks a very solid 7-8 innings 100-125 pitch game. I like Wang but with his arm trouble this year and the fact that he's, at this point in his career a 5-6 inning pitcher, I prefer to see Chacon start in the playoffs. Wang also seems to have problems the second time through a lineup, so for now it may be best to make him the long man if the Yanks go to the playoffs. With RJ, Chacon and Mussina, you have 3 starters whom have the ability to get you to the 7th inning and beyond which saves a tired bullpen. Wright seems to be a 5-6 inning pitcher and Small is between a 5 and 7. Plus Plus Small is healthier than Wang right now so I'd have to go with the healthier arm rather than push Wang. Wang is a part of the future.

Randy can do it ;-) ;-D

I still like RJ, Moose, Chacon and Small for the rotation ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dimaggio5 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:37 am

blankman wrote:I still like RJ, Moose, Chacon and Small for the rotation ;-D

I agree however, because of the $$$ invested in Wright, I have the feeling that the rotation will be RJ, Moose, Chacon and Wright instead. Small and then Wang will be the options out of the pen if Wiright or anyone else falters.

dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rkiivs » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:20 pm

At this point, I can't really argue. Our rotation has been such a mashup of whoever's available, it's hard to tell which parts will be the best. Man, I wish we had four solid starters all year.
Good morning America, how are you... Don't you know me, I'm your native son
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:48 am

blankman wrote:
dimaggio5 wrote:IMO Chacon is the only starter, other than Mussina, able to give the Yanks a very solid 7-8 innings 100-125 pitch game. I like Wang but with his arm trouble this year and the fact that he's, at this point in his career a 5-6 inning pitcher, I prefer to see Chacon start in the playoffs. Wang also seems to have problems the second time through a lineup, so for now it may be best to make him the long man if the Yanks go to the playoffs. With RJ, Chacon and Mussina, you have 3 starters whom have the ability to get you to the 7th inning and beyond which saves a tired bullpen. Wright seems to be a 5-6 inning pitcher and Small is between a 5 and 7. Plus Plus Small is healthier than Wang right now so I'd have to go with the healthier arm rather than push Wang. Wang is a part of the future.

Randy can do it ;-) ;-D

I still like RJ, Moose, Chacon and Small for the rotation ;-D

There's no way Small will make a rotation over Wang. Torre basically said it two days ago on Mike and the Maddog. Right now, Torre's top 3 pitchers are...

Randy
Mussina
Wang

with Chacon to follow. The pitching rotation going into Boston will be Wang, Randy, Mussina and then Chacon if need be on Monday.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby dimaggio5 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:23 pm

When Wright pitches, I get the shakes. God I hope he doesn't get teh 4th starter spot for the playoffs. Small and Wang are superior options to Wright IMO. Why on earth did we sign this guy and for all that $$$. Thanks again Tampa for a scouting job well done.

dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:02 pm

dimaggio5 wrote:When Wright pitches, I get the shakes. God I hope he doesn't get teh 4th starter spot for the playoffs. Small and Wang are superior options to Wright IMO. Why on earth did we sign this guy and for all that $$$. Thanks again Tampa for a scouting job well done.

If they do get Mazzone watch him become good again.

And there's no IMO needed. I'm sure everyone would rather have Small and Wang over him. :-P
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:58 am

There is no way Wright makes the top 4. Not a chance.

Randy
Mussina
Wang
Chacon

And that's not even including Small. Wright won't get a start if the Yankees make the playoffs.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:55 pm

Will Chacon start in place of Mussina on Sunday?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby dimaggio5 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:50 am

mweir145 wrote:Will Chacon start in place of Mussina on Sunday?

No last I heard all things are a go with Moose. Chacon is slated to pitch the tie breaker if there is one with Boston and I think the 2nd game of the ALCS if there isn't.

If we take the first 2 games against Boston then it's moot. GO YANKS!

dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to New York Yankees