Maybe Milton Bradley is not such a bad guy. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Maybe Milton Bradley is not such a bad guy.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Laean » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:41 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Laean wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:yeah this boy has got issues ..

I don't want to come off as a Milton supporter or anything, but according to the article, Milton was the person who called police two of the three times.

I don't see how this matters at all. Maybe he actually felt bad after the fact. He needs to work on doing something before this stuff happens.

i doubt he called to turn himself in. no guy says "ok, i feel bad about fighting with you honey, i'll punish myself by going to jail for a night / etc." wrveres probably meant that the fact that milton's the one who called the cops 2/3 times makes it possible that milton's wife herself was pretty violent too in their confrontations. it's not like the victims of domestic violence are always women.

See: http://comments.big-boys.com/?id=3441

I know that not all victims are women but it is possible that he either felt bad afterwards or he hurt her and wanted to get her help.

possible, but farfetched in my opinion.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:50 am

figured we would get some facts in here, so we could all get that closure we so desperatly crave. ;-7

Todays LA Times (Registration Required)

Phone call # 1 June 28 wrote:Bradley called that his wife accused him of being unfaithful. :-o

"She is complaining I'm talking to some people and that I'm cheating or something, and making no sense whatsoever," he said.
The dispatcher asked Bradley whether his wife had hit him.
"I'm pulled on and scratched on, all kinds of stuff," he said.
Monique, who is expecting the couple's first child in December, can be heard screaming in the background.
"Get away from me!" Bradley said. "She's in the room right now. You better get over here."
That was the only point during the 5-minute 41-second call that Bradley raised his voice. The dispatcher tried to calm him.
"I have a bad temper," he said. "And I went through anger management and I've been doing all this stuff because it was starting to affect my career. I don't need that."

Phone Call # 2 July 11 wrote:Monique called 911 from a neighbor's house July 11, saying Bradley had hit her and driven off. The recording is difficult to decipher, but a police report said she accused Bradley of taking all the phones in the house.

Monique's lip was bleeding and she told police Bradley had shoved her hand into her mouth. She said he pushed his forearm into her neck against a wall until she had difficulty breathing, and that when he released her, she ran to the bathroom and vomited. Detectives investigated the next day, but the district attorney's office declined to prosecute.

Phone Call #3 July 30 wrote:Milton Bradley's second 911 call came about 1 a.m. He asked police to respond because, he said, "My wife is acting a fool again."
The dispatcher asked whether anyone had been drinking or taking drugs, and Bradley said, "I don't do drugs."
Bradley went on to tell the dispatcher, "Every day I got to deal with it. I just got married in February and I'm tired of it."
He said his mother twice drove to their home from Long Beach to mediate arguments.
"It's about time for a divorce because I don't need these problems almost every day," he said.

so there is the facts. ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:06 pm

Real_Deal_Ryan wrote:In his defense, wouldn't you be full of anger if you were named after a board game company? lol :-b
Better than being named after a cereal. ;-D
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby wrveres » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:26 pm

Furthur Proof that the New Dodgers regime has no fricking clue

September 8, 2005

T.J. Simers wrote:He Seems an Odd Choice for Dodger Honors Society
A week after news reports surfaced that police responded three times to Milton Bradley's home for domestic violence incidents comes word he's the Dodgers' choice for two prestigious awards honoring him for his off-the-field activities.

The Dodgers' front office made him the team's good citizen nominee for the Roberto Clemente Award, which was announced Wednesday, and at almost the same time it was announced the Dodger players had selected Bradley as their choice for "Man of the Year."

This is not a joke. :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:49 pm

I feel sorry for him. I hate it when wives be acting the fool. ;-7
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:05 pm

Wow, what a tool. :-°
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby Madison » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:17 am

wrveres wrote:Furthur Proof that the New Dodgers regime has no fricking clue

September 8, 2005

T.J. Simers wrote:He Seems an Odd Choice for Dodger Honors Society
A week after news reports surfaced that police responded three times to Milton Bradley's home for domestic violence incidents comes word he's the Dodgers' choice for two prestigious awards honoring him for his off-the-field activities.

The Dodgers' front office made him the team's good citizen nominee for the Roberto Clemente Award, which was announced Wednesday, and at almost the same time it was announced the Dodger players had selected Bradley as their choice for "Man of the Year."

This is not a joke. :-o

8-o

That's messed up! :-t :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers