I think I'm a criminal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I think I'm a criminal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dannyolbb » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:26 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:ur going to jail i hope ur umm yeah doesnt hurt :-D

And someone had to correct my warrent/warrant mistake...
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:32 pm

Dear Mr. Myers: I am getting ready to apply for a mortgage. All of the payments on my car loan and credit cards are up-to-date, but I have some unpaid tickets for speeding and other traffic violations. Do the cops report unpaid fines to credit bureaus?

ANSWER: Only a handful of law-enforcement agencies across the nation directly report unpaid fines to credit bureaus, but this doesn't mean your reckless driving or bad parking habits won't come back to haunt you when you apply for a home mortgage.A growing number of police, sheriff's and highway-patrol departments are turning their unpaid tickets over to bill-collection agencies. If you get a notice from the bill-collector and don't pay it, there's a good chance that the unpaid bill will be reported to the credit bureaus. Having two or three unpaid tickets on your credit report can have the same effect as having a few delinquent credit-card accounts. People with unpaid bills pay higher rates to get a home loan, or don't get a mortgage at all.Pay your traffic tickets now, before they're turned over to a collection agency and stain your credit report. And as the sergeant on Hill Street Blues (one of my all-time favorite TV shows) used to say at the end of each morning squad meeting, "Be careful out there!"
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby dannyolbb » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:45 pm

Rirruto wrote:
Dear Mr. Myers: I am getting ready to apply for a mortgage. All of the payments on my car loan and credit cards are up-to-date, but I have some unpaid tickets for speeding and other traffic violations. Do the cops report unpaid fines to credit bureaus?

ANSWER: Only a handful of law-enforcement agencies across the nation directly report unpaid fines to credit bureaus, but this doesn't mean your reckless driving or bad parking habits won't come back to haunt you when you apply for a home mortgage.A growing number of police, sheriff's and highway-patrol departments are turning their unpaid tickets over to bill-collection agencies. If you get a notice from the bill-collector and don't pay it, there's a good chance that the unpaid bill will be reported to the credit bureaus. Having two or three unpaid tickets on your credit report can have the same effect as having a few delinquent credit-card accounts. People with unpaid bills pay higher rates to get a home loan, or don't get a mortgage at all.Pay your traffic tickets now, before they're turned over to a collection agency and stain your credit report. And as the sergeant on Hill Street Blues (one of my all-time favorite TV shows) used to say at the end of each morning squad meeting, "Be careful out there!"

Well, that's pretty useful, though I haven't heard from any bill-collection agencies either. I haven't heard from anyone since getting the tickets.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:54 pm

JTWood wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
JTWood wrote:
dannyolbb wrote:But I don't want to pay them if I can keep getting away with it.

Wow... That's all I can say. Wow... :-t

I don't know why you're being so hard on the guy for admitting that? We all naturally feel that way, at least he came out and said it.

I'd like to rob a bank so I could be a millionaire, rape a few women cause it would feel good, and maybe kill a few of my enemies while I'm at it - as long as I can get away with it.

Oh come on... We're all thinking it, right?

my god lighten up...

i dont know about florida law, but in chicago if you rack up 3 tickets without paying, you will wake up in the morning to find your car booted. :-t huge pain in the butt, and after city costs of removal and additional fines you end up paying around 3 times the amount of the original tickets.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bleach168 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:01 pm

Here is California, I had a ticket that I didn't pay for a couple years. Somehow, they found out I had an Etrade account and they put a lien on my account. That basically forced me to pay for it.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby blankman » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:02 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
JTWood wrote:[*] It's spelled "warrant."[/list]Good luck!

;-D

Is just me or didanyone else find this hilarious. :-b

They guy is asking about tickets and you give him a gammer mistake. (yes, I know I probably just spelled grammer wronge)

Too funny :-b :-b

You did spell "grammer" wrong both times :-b

Just fyi, its grammar. ;-D

The 97 and 99 ones, that's a long long time ago, I'd think you'd want to pay the more recent ones first.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:22 pm

Pretty low if you ask me. :-t :-t I don't really care if "you couldn't afford it". Maybe you shouldn't have been speeding then? Wheres Madison for his ethics thing :-b
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:31 pm

No it would be argument between him and mweir about whats morally right. :-D
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:33 pm

dannyolbb wrote:
And someone had to correct my warrent/warrant mistake...

Warrant wasn't a mistake! That Cherry Pie song rocks. B-)
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:35 pm

I actually have experience with this. I've had my share of speeding tickets, and I always paid them when I deserved them, but last summer while I was driving across the country I got a BS ticket in Utah that I fought via the mail and when they upheld the fine I decided I wasn't going to pay it. My fiance's father and brother are both in law enforcement so I asked them what the repurcussions would be. They told me that, unless it is an extreme circumstance, states will not go out of state to collect on a traffic fine. The state that you received the ticket from may issue a warrant, but warrants for traffic violations come off of the books after seven years. I now have a warrant in Utah and can't go back there until 2011, but who in the hell would want to go to Utah anyway?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk