Memorable Fantasy Draft Trash Talk? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Memorable Fantasy Draft Trash Talk?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby black_hawk8888 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:41 am

I had a buddy draft Corey Patterson in the 4th round this year and claim that he would carry his team to the championship.

He carried the team to a minor league assignment but thats about it :-b
black_hawk8888
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DK » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:47 pm

A friend of mine laughed when I picked up John Patterson after two or three starts. He said, and I quote, "Prepare for a 5 ERA".

Still prepared. ;-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stevelabny » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:50 pm

One year, a leaguemate asked me about Mark Mulder before the draft ( he had only played the end of the season before) and I responded "Who? I dunno, he's ok I guess" and then proceeded to be the only person bidding against her. She panics that I'm bidding her up because she asked me about him, and I got him cheap. I swore I really wanted him, which brought on this exchange...

"Why did you tell me he's only ok?" she queried.
"HELLO, we're in the SAME LEAGUE."

same draft, reserve round, last pick for me. I think I'm a little light on Ks, so I take some kid whos getting some hype. CC Sabathia. I get LAUGHED at. CC Sabathia goes on to have a great season and every win I sent out an email to the entire league in a huge font that simply read "C.C. SABATHIA!"

a few years prior, at the beginning of Randy Winn's career, some schmuck brought him up at an auction draft for almost $10 bucks. He got crickets. Snickering not only at the sheer stupidity of not only bringing up ANY player in a drafts end-game for more than a buck, but Randy F'in Winn, the guy got mad and yelled at me.

"He'll steal 60 bases this year."

I immediately reort, "Yeah! In TRIPLE-AAA"

Sure enough, Winn spent most of that season in the minors.
Now years later, Winn still gets no respect in my league, possibly because of that memorable draft trash talk. but he has become a staple of well-roundedness on my team.

Deion Sanders got drafted the year after he retired. Much trrash ensued. We kicked that moron out of the league the next season.

Just the other night, I drafted a fantasy football team for my friend. The strangers I was drafting against were morons. Tight ends in Round 2. The first kicker went in Round 3. I had to settle for a weak kicker, because every team took A BACKUP KICKER. which is just ridiculous. As I started belittling the entire league, as I have quality 3rd stringers at every position, but only one kicker, and I'm well equipped to handle the inevitable injuries of football, some schmuck started talking up his 3rd round running back... Q Griffin...

Yeah, I LOVE IT when trash talk writes itself.
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:19 pm

I am pretty sure I take the cake for mud on my face in this category.

This letter appreared on our league home page a few months back

Mr X-12 is currently leading, and starting to pull away within the last few weeks. I on the other hand am only a few points behind, but with no chance of catching him .. :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 642)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers