What's your favorite music? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What's your favorite music?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby baseball6791 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:28 am

DK wrote:Whoo... tough call. They're all excellent, but if I had to choose one I'd say Personal Journals is the better of the two. You can get both on Amazon for $28.96 plus S&H.

Yeah, I'm actually buying them off iTunes and I have a $10 gift card for it right now that I will use on that album. Looking at that Amazon page reminds me of another guy to check out if you haven't already, Eyedea&abilites.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:28 am

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:I gotta ask. Does anybody here listen to Immortal Technique?

Stomp a man of any complexion with a devilish nature
Because I'm trying to save the earth, but you're just gettin' in line to rape her

Good stuff. ;D ;D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby DK » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:31 am

baseball6791 wrote:
DK wrote:Whoo... tough call. They're all excellent, but if I had to choose one I'd say Personal Journals is the better of the two. You can get both on Amazon for $28.96 plus S&H.

Yeah, I'm actually buying them off iTunes and I have a $10 gift card for it right now that I will use on that album. Looking at that Amazon page reminds me of another guy to check out if you haven't already, Eyedea&abilites.

I feel like we're playing artist tag. :D Eyedea is one of the other freestylers on the Atmosphere track. Wait, is it my turn? Look up Denizen Kane. He's one of the Tree City Legends, and my favorite to listen to. Something about his voice is captivating... I'm not quite sure.

I hate recommending you one Sage album without the other, though... I've got a ton of songs on my computer, if ever you're interested. ;D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby baseball6791 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:36 am

DK wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:

I feel like we're playing artist tag. :D Eyedea is one of the other freestylers on the Atmosphere track. Wait, is it my turn? Look up Denizen Kane. He's one of the Tree City Legends, and my favorite to listen to. Something about his voice is captivating... I'm not quite sure.

I hate recommending you one Sage album without the other, though... I've got a ton of songs on my computer, if ever you're interested. ;D

Yeah, me too :-b I actually plan on downloading both albums, its just a matter of which one first. I need to wait until the beginning of the next month (two days from now) to get my next iTunes allowance (a christmas gift from the parents :-D ) at which point I will have enough money to buy both.

[size=18]

baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Postby baseball6791 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:38 am

Just to add another artist to the list, Lyrics Born. He's from the same Quannum crew as Blackalicious/Gift of Gab and was originally part of Latyrx (which you may have heard of, it was him - Lyrics Born - and Lateef the Truth Speaker). He has some solo stuff out now as well (Later that Day, Same S#*^ Different Day) that is pretty good too.

[size=18]

baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DK » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:41 am

Awesome, sounds great. The CD entitled "Hope", by Sage's group Non-Prophets, is also very good (The song "The Cure" is worth the price of the CD alone) but I'd recommend the other two ahead of it.

Going down the tracklist, my faves from the Personal Journals CD are Personal Journalist, Climb Trees, Eviction Notice, and Runaways. All the songs are great but those are definitely the top four. A Healthy Distrust is just as good, though... It has probably the best song out of both CD's (Dance Monkey) and three or four other songs that are excellent, even by Sage's standards.

Here's to an early Christmas iTunes allowance. :D ;D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DK » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:49 am

Edit: Mistake. Inherited Scars is the best song on both CD's. But Dance Monkey comes close.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Rkiivs » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:43 am

I loves Gift of Gab. Alphabet Aerobics still cracks me up!

DK, sorry man, wasn't trying to insult you with the Anitcon suggestion. Just trying to spread the love.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby DK » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:37 pm

Rkiivs wrote:I loves Gift of Gab. Alphabet Aerobics still cracks me up!

DK, sorry man, wasn't trying to insult you with the Anitcon suggestion. Just trying to spread the love.

Haha, not insulted, just some playful ribbing. I'm actually happy you mentioned them! Means you have good taste. ;D

Hm... seems like I'll have to buy Alphabet Aerobics now...
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:45 pm

DK wrote:
;D ;D to a Tribe Called Quest, though.

Tribe Called Quest is smoother than a baby's behind. It's like butta baby. ;-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk