Serving A Purpose ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Serving A Purpose ?

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:44 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Madison wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Stir the pot? What a highly flattering remark... :-t

Usually when someone complains and says something along the lines of "Bye Bye Cafe :-t " the thread gets deleted. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong.

From my time here at the cafe, I can clearly say that that isn't the case.

weir you gotta bring back the old cartoon avatar. that was a lot cooler looking imo. ;-D

I may change it back in good time, but I needed to counter SaintsoftheDiamond's move to his Phil Mickelson avatar.

The picture is of Mike Weir, my favourite Canadian golfer, if you didn't realize yet, and as you can see I have named myself after him "mweir145." ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:45 pm

Madison wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Madison wrote:

Usually when someone complains and says something along the lines of "Bye Bye Cafe :-t " the thread gets deleted. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong.

And I can tell you that you are completely and totally wrong.

When threads of this nature come up, I always discuss the situation with the poster. That is a fact, it's something that hundreds of our members have seen me do, and it's something you have no clue about. Quit embarrassing yourself by arguing something you do not know anything about.

My bad then, it's just I thought I'd seen differently, before. ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:46 pm

Weir whenever i look at threads that have 6, 7, 12 pages on it. I usually see you arguing for half of them. Please just give it up for once, you were wrong here. I believe that the Cafe is trying to welcome in as many members here as they can, and im sure people will feel much more welcome by a post like Madison's or Perlick's than yours. For the sake of the Cafe just drop it and dont let this turn into anothe 12 page "Halladay out for the season" thread.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:46 pm

mweir145 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Madison wrote:

Yes, you are wrong.

weir you gotta bring back the old cartoon avatar. that was a lot cooler looking imo. ;-D

I may change it back in good time, but I needed to counter SaintsoftheDiamond's move to his Phil Mickelson avatar.

The picture is of Mike Weir, my favourite Canadian golfer, if you didn't realize yet, and as you can see I have named myself after him "mweir145." ;-D

oh yea i definely knew it was weir, but i thought the old cartoon you used to use kind of looked like him too. what cartoon was that from?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:47 pm

mweir145 wrote:My bad then, it's just I thought I'd seen differently, before. ;-D

Ok i see that you dropped it, please disregard my post entirely, maybe you have seen the light. :-D
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:47 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:Weir whenever i look at threads that have 6, 7, 12 pages on it. I usually see you arguing for half of them. Please just give it up for once, you were wrong here. I believe that the Cafe is trying to welcome in as many members here as they can, and im sure people will feel much more welcome by a post like Madison's or Perlick's than yours. For the sake of the Cafe just drop it and dont let this turn into anothe 12 page "Halladay out for the season" thread.

Drop what? I had no intention of argueing in this thread, ever. Obviously it appears I was wrong here initially.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:49 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
mweir145 wrote:My bad then, it's just I thought I'd seen differently, before. ;-D

Ok i see that you dropped it, please disregard my post entirely, maybe you have seen the light. :-D

Will do. ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:50 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Madison wrote:

Yes, you are wrong.

oh yea i definely knew it was weir, but i thought the old cartoon you used to use kind of looked like him too. what cartoon was that from?

I'm not sure, I was just looking up avatars a year or so ago, and I found that one. I've used it on all the forums I've in ever since (except until I changed it to Weir here).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:19 pm

Gestapo? I thought that I was the resident hemp-smoking lefty? :-b

If you like flame wars then bye bye. If you prefer baseball discussion then you should thank me for locking that thread b/c that was only going to end up in a flame war with you protesting that you are not a racist.......trust me, I can see into the future ;-)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers