1250 IP limit reached - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

1250 IP limit reached

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1250 IP limit reached

Postby The G-Man » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:56 pm

I noticed an opponent of mine is going to reach the 1250 IP limit before September arrives. I understand how it can happen, but that seems odd to me that he would allow it. Anybody else have a team reaching the limit that quickly?
The G-Man
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nikku88 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:58 pm

Most of the time it's because they don't know it.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:59 pm

Team in my league is about to hit its 1450 IP limit, and a few others will do so in 7-10 days. Dunno why they do that.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby The G-Man » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:06 pm

nikku88 wrote:Most of the time it's because they don't know it.

I should have mentioned that this guy is in second place, and is actively adding/dropping players. Perhaps you're right. Just does not know about the limit.
The G-Man
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:07 pm

The G-Man wrote:
nikku88 wrote:Most of the time it's because they don't know it.

I should have mentioned that this guy is in second place, and is actively adding/dropping players. Perhaps you're right. Just does not know about the limit.

Yeah, that's what usually happens from what I've seen.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby nikku88 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:08 pm

Some guys in my league still don't know, they've added pitchers after hitting the limit.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:10 pm

The commish in my league is +149.1 out of 1250. He's got such a great staff, he trots out 2-3 pitchers each day. I'm pretty sure he doesn't realize he set a limit- he's in for a rude awakening pretty soon here. :-b
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby The G-Man » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:14 pm

nikku88 wrote:Some guys in my league still don't know, they've added pitchers after hitting the limit.

That's amazing. Hopefully he's adding these pitchers and dropping the hitters you can use. Then you can tell him about it, and pick up all his best pitchers when he drops them for hitters.
The G-Man
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DK » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:43 pm

I'm about 10 innings out of the limit, simply because I've had a great starting staff (Pedro, Buehrle, C-Zam, Myers, John Patterson, and recently Felix Hernandez). Now I'm just selling them off, I recently pulled off a trade that got me Abreu and D-Wright for C-Zam and Buehrle. I also gave Huff and Guillen in the deal and got Benson and Hampton, but with my IP limit so close it was (for me) Abreu and Wright for Huff and Guillen, since I wouldn't be using either of those pitchers anyway. ;D ;D

Soon I'll be trading Pedro for Manny Ramirez and another hitter (possibly Jeff Kent), because, although I love Pedro, I'll have no use for him. I'm also up fifteen points in the standings.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby warrick95 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:37 pm

DK wrote:I'm about 10 innings out of the limit, simply because I've had a great starting staff (Pedro, Buehrle, C-Zam, Myers, John Patterson, and recently Felix Hernandez). Now I'm just selling them off, I recently pulled off a trade that got me Abreu and D-Wright for C-Zam and Buehrle. I also gave Huff and Guillen in the deal and got Benson and Hampton, but with my IP limit so close it was (for me) Abreu and Wright for Huff and Guillen, since I wouldn't be using either of those pitchers anyway. ;D ;D

Soon I'll be trading Pedro for Manny Ramirez and another hitter (possibly Jeff Kent), because, although I love Pedro, I'll have no use for him. I'm also up fifteen points in the standings.

Though with your lead it doesn't matter, a small problem here is that the other team clearly has the leverage in negotiations. For your sake, I hope they don't realize this. Although they probably have more use for Pedro than Manny for example, you have no use period for Pedro if you're at the limit and thus have to trade him to cash out.

A couple of guys are near the IP limit in my main league. One passed it, I think. I dunno if he was aware. I sent him an email at around the All-Star Break about it with no response (I'm commish). So, my ethical duties have been completed. The other team knows it but says that he enjoys starting all of his pitchers. Somehow, he's in second place, although behind me by 20.5 points (5X5 roto).
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers