Rolling Stones - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rolling Stones

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rolling Stones

Postby RyanK » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:50 pm

I saw them in concert last night at Rentschler field, field that uconn huskies football plays at... It was amazing, by far the best concert ive been to, only 5 but still.

Mick Jagger and Co. really know how to put on a show, and i have no idea how he can move his hips like that at his age, he must be missing a joint or something.

The stage set up was awesome, it was huge, and then the catwalk the stage had a moveable stage part and they went to the opposite side of the stadium for a few songs.

any one else seen the stones live?

I think u2 would be a great band to see live as well
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:09 pm

yeah a couple years ago in Houston

kick ass ;-D
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:33 pm

No, but I've seen Slayer twice B-)
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:37 pm

slayer cant compete with the stones
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WharfRat » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:20 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:No, but I've seen Slayer twice B-)

Nice. ;-D

I was at a Pantera show in Asbury Park where they threatened to beat the crap out of this local, wanna-be tough-guy hardcore band from NJ called Fury of Five. The single most violent show I've ever been to, though, was Clutch, which is a really bizarre fact for me, since I've been in some violent, violent pits and Clutch looks like a band of Comic Book Guys.

But back to the thread....did they have black curtains hiding the IV Bags and driplines onstage? :-D What were some of the highlights of the setlist?

U2 would definitely be a great show live, although Bono looks like he's getting old. I really need to see Pearl Jam before they get too old, too. Those guys are some road dogs if there ever were.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:25 pm

WharfRat wrote:
I was at a Pantera show in Asbury Park where they threatened to beat the crap out of this local, wanna-be tough-guy hardcore band from NJ called Fury of Five. The single most violent show I've ever been to, though, was Clutch, which is a really bizarre fact for me, since I've been in some violent, violent pits and Clutch looks like a band of Comic Book Guys.

Clutch is very, very cool. ;-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby stevethumb » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:06 pm

i gotta admit the stones are a biomedical pheneomenon...at fenway the other night the stage was freakin' huge and jagger was running from one end to the other all night...and charley watts was bangin' them skins...amazing...the tour travels w/70 tractor trailers for the stage etc...
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby kentx12 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:24 pm

I saw them in 89 "yea im old" they were great then.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby reznorsboy » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:44 am

stevethumb wrote:i gotta admit the stones are a biomedical pheneomenon...at fenway the other night the stage was freakin' huge and jagger was running from one end to the other all night...and charley watts was bangin' them skins...amazing...the tour travels w/70 tractor trailers for the stage etc...

They are building the stage for their show in Ottawa right now and it is 7 stories high 8-o
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RyanK » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:30 am

WharfRat wrote:But back to the thread....did they have black curtains hiding the IV Bags and driplines onstage? :-D What were some of the highlights of the setlist?

U2 would definitely be a great show live, although Bono looks like he's getting old. I really need to see Pearl Jam before they get too old, too. Those guys are some road dogs if there ever were.

No they had no IV bags hidden, they were running around the whole time, freaking jagger was all over the place and keith was going side to side as well..

some of the highlights, they did an amazing cover of Get Up Stand Up, i was very impressed, by far the best song they played all night.

but they played beast of burden and sympathy for the devil, possibly my two favorite songs by them, and honkey tonk women, a few new songs, Satisfaction, Ruby Tuesday, Paint it Black, Time is on my side, and you cant always get what you want... i think i missed one or two... but it was a very very good show, they played for about 2 hr and 10 min, very enjoyable

I really wanted to hear gimmie shelter and get off my cloud, but i could live w/o them
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk