VMart

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

VMart

Postby Yoda » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:37 am

now the #2 ranked catcher according to ESPN rater:

http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/flb/reques ... 1&Param4=0

Not too shabby since the AS Break:

Code: Select all

G    AB    R    H    2B    3B    HR    RBI    BB    K    SB    CS    AVG    OBP    SLG    OPS    
39    146    27    60    9    0    9    28    17    20    0    0    .411    .470    .658    1.127    
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:55 am

:,-(

why did i trade him
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby seniorpaul » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:08 pm

I was damn close to dropping this guy eariler in the season. I had a bunch of guys on the DL, and was hurting for roster spots.

Glad i held onto him. ;-D
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:33 pm

Shopped Piazza for him a while ago ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:04 pm

We had a nice little argument at the beginning of the season about this (Yoda and I). I said VMart's numbers wouldn't improve. Here is the actual prediction.

I'd be surprised if he repeats last years numbers. I think .280, 20 homeruns, 85 rbi are realistic numbers.

Right now he's at .295, 18, 63 so I wasn't too far off. He'll probably finish the year at .290-.305 with 23 homeruns and 85 rbi.

Either way, he did pick up the pace in this second half and I am pleased. :-)
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:10 pm

By the way, instead of using code, I suggest you put the statistics in this format, although without the spaces:

< p r e >
Statistics Here
< / p r e >

Looks like this:

<pre>
G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
39 146 27 60 9 0 9 28 17 20 0 0 .411 .470 .658 1.127
</pre>

;-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yoda » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:21 pm

davidmarver wrote:We had a nice little argument at the beginning of the season about this (Yoda and I). I said VMart's numbers wouldn't improve. Here is the actual prediction.

I'd be surprised if he repeats last years numbers. I think .280, 20 homeruns, 85 rbi are realistic numbers.

Right now he's at .295, 18, 63 so I wasn't too far off. He'll probably finish the year at .290-.305 with 23 homeruns and 85 rbi.

Actually he is on pace for more like 25 HR with a near .300 AVG. I'd consider that an improvement from last year.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:26 pm

Yoda wrote:
davidmarver wrote:We had a nice little argument at the beginning of the season about this (Yoda and I). I said VMart's numbers wouldn't improve. Here is the actual prediction.

Actually he is on pace for more like 25 HR with a near .300 AVG. I'd consider that an improvement from last year.

Well, if you wanna get technical, his runs and RBI will be lower at the end of this season than they were last season. Stolen bases were never a factor with VMart so he didn't really improve fantasy-wise. Did he get worse? No. Better? No.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:04 pm

davidmarver wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Well, if you wanna get technical, his runs and RBI will be lower at the end of this season than they were last season. Stolen bases were never a factor with VMart so he didn't really improve fantasy-wise. Did he get worse? No. Better? No.

Well let's be fair. He'll have more H, HR, better AVG. RBI and R will be down slightly. Since he's twice the hitter he was in the first half and if he stays relatively within his pace, he will have better numbers pretty much all across the board.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:13 am

vmart has been awesome since the firing of eddie murray as the indians hitting coach.... but the whole indians team has picked it up offensively since then.... :-? but still 20+ homers and 80 rbis out of your catcher is not a bad pickup,,, now lets hope next year he puts a whole year together instead of just 3 months.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers