Ethics ... Morals ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ethics ... Morals ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:41 pm

Madison wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Madison wrote: They are good examples to use for discussion, and there's nothing wrong with discussing what type of behavior is morally correct, and which ones are not.

I never said there was anything wrong with you posting those examples, but I'd like to make sure everyone knows the difference between the Halladay thread and the others.

That's okay, right?

No, they are all morals/ethics situations. Your thread is not "special" in any way. How you can argue otherwise, and actually believe it, is sheer lunacy.

I already made my point as to how they differ, if you fail to understand or even acknowledge the difference than I don't think I have a chance at the world at defending my actions.
Acting "unethically" in sports and giving advice which could be seen as "unethical" are two different things.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:54 pm

Just drop it already. Instead of spending three pages trying to decipher the difference between ethics and morals, why don't we take those posts and do something productive. Shipping injured players is a bad idea and I don't know how a Jays fan (Sirotka) can possibly be for that idea. :-t

Quit drawing out this thread by posting the same thing each and every time and just let it die already.

Sheesh :-° .
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:57 pm

davidmarver wrote:Just drop it already. Instead of spending three pages trying to decipher the difference between ethics and morals, why don't we take those posts and do something productive. Shipping injured players is a bad idea and I don't know how a Jays fan (Sirotka) can possibly be for that idea. :-t

Quit drawing out this thread by posting the same thing each and every time and just let it die already.

Sheesh :-° .

I never MEANT to be for that idea, anybody that has read everything I've had to say on the subject would know that.

When I posted what I did initially, I wasn't thinking about it's "unethical" implications, I was trying to help the members of the cafe. It's not my fault many people have failed to see it that way.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby davidmarver » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:58 pm

Telling cafe members to go rob a bank could be seen as useful advice if you are in dire straights for money, but does that mean it's a good idea?

C'mon man, just let this thing die; we (at least me) won't hold it against you.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:02 pm

davidmarver wrote:Telling cafe members to go rob a bank could be seen as useful advice if you are in dire straights for money, but does that mean it's a good idea?

Heh nice analogy. :-D
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:02 pm

davidmarver wrote:Telling cafe members to go rob a bank could be seen as useful advice if you are in dire straights for money, but does that mean it's a good idea?

Yeah definately drop this.

I'm not gonna hold it against you either man. ;-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:04 pm

go_jays_go wrote:

I also agree. Mweir you tend to take some of these things a little too far as you keep "posting the same thing" But you are still very knowledgable and a valued member at the cafe, so ya Image
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:07 pm

I see your point, but couldn't "robbing a bank" still be useful to some people if they don't care about the "ethical" implications? By no means do I think that's the right idea to put across to people, but if you want people to learn, you give them the choice. It's true that you learn from your wrong choices in life.

If I had the choice to go back and time and never write what I did, I probably wouldn't, now knowing the ethical implications involved with such advice, and the anger this would cause.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:08 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:

I also agree. Mweir you tend to take some of these things a little too far as you keep "posting the same thing" But you are still very knowledgable and a valued member at the cafe, so ya Image

:-b ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby baseball6791 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:12 pm

mweir145 wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:

:-b ;-D

SNOOOOOOOOOOOP :-b But seriously though, enough guys.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers