100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ethics ... Morals ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ethics ... Morals ...

Postby wrveres » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:17 am

Quik!
Turn up the volume on your speakers.

After reading todays offerings, I felt it some what important to post this and dedicate it to our resident teachers, AA and BigHort ;-D in hopes that anybody who passes by here might learn a little of lifes leasons.

Lets look at both words .. }:-)

[url=http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/pronounce?id=E0227900&path=prons/E0227900.wav]eth·ic
* A set of principles of right conduct.

* A theory or a system of moral values

* The study of the general nature of morals and of the specific moral choices to be made by a person

* The rules or standards governing the conduct of a person or the members of a profession or organization
.[/url]

Hmm ..
They seemed to be tied together somehow. Looks like we need to look up 'Morals'. ;-7

[url=http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/pronounce?id=M0417500&path=prons/M0417500.wav]

mor·al
* Conforming to standards of what is right or just in behavior

* Arising from conscience or the sense of right and wrong

* Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character

* Teaching or exhibiting goodness or correctness of character and behavior

* Having psychological effects rather than physical or tangible effects

* Based on strong likelihood or firm conviction, rather than on the actual evidence
[/url]

So basically. If it feels wrong chances are .. it probably is.
And since it is "Wrong Behavior". It is quite ok for somebody to question the character of that person acting or even suggesting, unethical or immoral behavior.

So there you have it
Morals and Ethics. ;-D

Moral of the story.
Never **** with Madison.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ethics ... Morals ...

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:26 am

wrveres wrote:Moral of the story.
Never **** with Madison.

I never **** with anybody, if people disagree with what I have written, I'm not just gonna take the insults.

Guess what else I won't be doing, taking any "morals" and "ethics" lessons from you... ;-)

I already took an Ethics course in my Freshman year, it was boring enough already, believe me.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:29 am

Have a nice night, I'm going to sleep. I'll be up in the afternoon to read some more of this stuff you or anybody else will have written about me. :-°
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:50 am

mweir145 wrote:I'll be up in the afternoon to read some more of this stuff you or anybody else will have written about me. :-°

Who said this was about you? I don't see your name (or anyone else's) mentioned. We actually have a thread here about a player paying the transaction fees for other teams in order to get them to make moves. Read it for yourself:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=155916

That's just one of many ethics/morals threads running around, and in this case, the original poster who was paying the money has realized that what he was doing really wasn't very ethical, and has changed his opinion on the situation. Props AT ;-D .

Anyhow, we seem to have a lot of ethics questions this year, even more than last year, so it doesn't hurt a thing in the world to have a thread discussing ethics/morals on a broader scale. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:18 pm

Madison wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I'll be up in the afternoon to read some more of this stuff you or anybody else will have written about me. :-°

Who said this was about you? I don't see your name (or anyone else's) mentioned. We actually have a thread here about a player paying the transaction fees for other teams in order to get them to make moves. Read it for yourself:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=155916

That's just one of many ethics/morals threads running around, and in this case, the original poster who was paying the money has realized that what he was doing really wasn't very ethical, and has changed his opinion on the situation. Props AT ;-D .

Anyhow, we seem to have a lot of ethics questions this year, even more than last year, so it doesn't hurt a thing in the world to have a thread discussing ethics/morals on a broader scale. ;-D

Oh come on, it was pretty clear from the last sentence of his post that it was about me.

And why are you showing me that example? That has almost nothing in common with my situation at all. That's an example of somebody doing an unethical move in fantasy baseball, my thread is about giving advice that could be seen as unethical. I can't realize I've done something wrong, because I didn't do anything in the first place...
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:50 pm

this whole topic of ethics and morals need to go away
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:52 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:this whole topic of ethics and morals need to go away

I agree. :-b
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:54 pm

strategy is strategy everyone will play by their own way theres nothing you can do about it, thats why we have opinions, now enough of this fighting.
Hot Chick Draft:
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:56 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:strategy is strategy everyone will play by their own way theres nothing you can do about it, thats why we have opinions, now enough of this fighting.

Well they are right, though. Ethics and Morals do have a place in fantasy sports, but it is the player's choice whether they abide by these unwritten rules. I was fighting for my right to give that advice, and allow the people who read it to choose what to do with it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:58 pm

mweir145 wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:strategy is strategy everyone will play by their own way theres nothing you can do about it, thats why we have opinions, now enough of this fighting.

Well they are right, though. Ethics and Morals do have a place in fantasy sports, but it is the player's choice whether they abide by these unwritten rules. I was fighting for my right to give that advice, and allow the people who read it to choose what to do with it.
i agree with you...you gotta do what you gotta do to win
Hot Chick Draft: