Best rock'n'roll song ever - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Best rock'n'roll song ever

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's the best rock song?

Crossroads - Robert Johnson / Clapton
0
No votes
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
5
19%
Like a Rolling Stone - Dylan / Hendrix
1
4%
Baba O'Riley - The Who
3
11%
Satisfaction - The Stones
1
4%
Born in the USA - Springsteen
1
4%
Fortunate Son - Creedence
1
4%
Jeremy - Pearl Jam
1
4%
None of the above - I'll post it below
14
52%
 
Total votes : 27

Postby reznorsboy » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:31 am

I don't think that Pearl Jam and Nirvana should be on a list of best rock songs. Where is the Led Zeppelin and AC/DC. They are two of the greatest rock bands ever. I think just about anything by either would qualify. for AC/DC I would go with Shook me all nigh or Thunderstruck and as for Zep I would go with Kashmir or Black Dog. Too many to list!!
Image
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2617
Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:29 pm

reznorsboy wrote:I don't think that Pearl Jam and Nirvana should be on a list of best rock songs. Where is the Led Zeppelin and AC/DC. They are two of the greatest rock bands ever. I think just about anything by either would qualify. for AC/DC I would go with Shook me all nigh or Thunderstruck and as for Zep I would go with Kashmir or Black Dog. Too many to list!!
;-D ACDC is the greatest rock band ever.

now which one of THEIR songs is the best ever


:-?
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1790
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the Golf Course

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:40 pm

As far as Clapton is concerned, Sunshine of Your Love was Cream - Clapton yes, but don't forget about Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce. And if you are going to throw in Sunshine of Your Love, I don't even think that is Cream's best song...I'd pick White Room.

So two more songs that should be there for best all time rock song should be:

White Room - Cream
Knights in White Satin - The Moody Blues
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12812
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:46 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Knights in White Satin - The Moody Blues


I vote for this song. ;-D

What was that? This poll isn't: Which song is the best cure for insomnia?

Sorry, then I take my vote back. Knights in White Satin may haved a great ending, I would never know, never been able to stay awake long enough to hear the ending.



Now if you chose Gemini Dream instead.......I would still have to mock you. Sorry. Your fault for bringing up the Moody Blues in a discussion about great bands ;-)
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:49 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Knights in White Satin - The Moody Blues


I vote for this song. ;-D

What was that? This poll isn't: Which song is the best cure for insomnia?

Sorry, then I take my vote back. Knights in White Satin may haved a great ending, I would never know, never been able to stay awake long enough to hear the ending.



Now if you chose Gemini Dream instead.......I would still have to mock you. Sorry. Your fault for bringing up the Moody Blues in a discussion about great bands ;-)


To each his own. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12812
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jzfran » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:50 pm

Born in The USA!
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2322
Joined: 4 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:50 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Knights in White Satin - The Moody Blues


I vote for this song. ;-D

What was that? This poll isn't: Which song is the best cure for insomnia?

Sorry, then I take my vote back. Knights in White Satin may haved a great ending, I would never know, never been able to stay awake long enough to hear the ending.



Now if you chose Gemini Dream instead.......I would still have to mock you. Sorry. Your fault for bringing up the Moody Blues in a discussion about great bands ;-)


To each his own. ;-D


Damn, you're laid back. Are you listening to the Moody Blues with your favourite bong?
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:52 pm

You know it. :*) X-I
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12812
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:56 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Damn, you're laid back. Are you listening to the Moody Blues with your favourite bong?

You gotta love Hippies :-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:57 pm

This does explain a lot of your posts :-]

Just so I'm not a total buzz kill, I got this for you:

Image

White Room ;-D
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact