Chicago Cubs and Friday Afternoons - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chicago Cubs and Friday Afternoons

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:31 pm

jskidder wrote:also, with wrigley being in the middle of a neighborhood the city has some say as to when the games take place. the cubs are only alloted a certain number of night games per year, so those are typically always on mondays and tuesdays. night games destroy traffic and parking in the neighborhood, and i know this 1st hand because i live 2 blocks from the stadium. with the nightlife in the area and a cub night game on a thursday-saturday, it would be an absolute mess.

exactly. the cubs are only allowed 18 night games a year. and that's actually up from the previous years.

btw, i went to that first ever wrigley field night game, pretty cool.
Last edited by The Miner Part 2 on Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:01 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
jskidder wrote:also, with wrigley being in the middle of a neighborhood the city has some say as to when the games take place. the cubs are only alloted a certain number of night games per year, so those are typically always on mondays and tuesdays. night games destroy traffic and parking in the neighborhood, and i know this 1st hand because i live 2 blocks from the stadium. with the nightlife in the area and a cub night game on a thursday-saturday, it would be an absolute mess.

exactly. the cubs are only allowed 18 night games a year. and that's actually up from the previous years.

btw, i went to that first evey wrigley field night game, pretty cool.

I knew I had read something about the Cubs only being allowed a certain number of night games each year, awhile back. Glad to see someone was able to find it. Nice job! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby reznorsboy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:56 pm

That makes sense
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jskidder » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:21 am

they are very strict with that limit as well. to the point that if a game is delayed until a certain time due to rain, they are forced to reschedule rather than play it if the game would last past a certain time. it also messes up a lot of double headers. i have seen several situations where a makeup game had to be played as part of a back to back double header in which the cubs refund all of the tickets to the original game and allow ticketholders from the day the game is played to stay and see both because by the time they cleared out the stadium, brought in the ticketholders to the other game, and had a break the second game would run too late. i actually benefited from that in 03 by having saturday afternoon tickets to see a pirates game and caught the second half of a doubleheader for nothing. that was the day we took both thanks to a clement gem in game 2 and the stro's lost, giving us the nl central crown. the rest of that season i'd rather not discuss...
jskidder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers