bonderman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

bonderman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

bonderman

Postby cubsin'05 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:42 pm

i have bonderman on my staff for next week... will he miss any starts???

tim B-)
cubsin'05
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:08 pm

Yes, he'll miss at least one.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:18 pm

Now they're saying he will probably pitch on Monday. So you're safe. Although it's tough to say how he'll pitch with a banged-up wrist. I was actually hoping he'd miss a start because he seems like he could use the rest.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:48 pm

They have to take more X-rays once the swelling has gone down. A couple days, methinks. So I would think he will not play next week. Heck, his season could be finished.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dannomyte » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:28 pm

From the Detroit Free Press.

Tigers right-hander Jeremy Bonderman had his right wrist wrapped Thursday after taking a line drive off it in Wednesday night's game, but follow-up X rays showed no broken bones.

Tigers right-hander Jeremy Bonderman stands in the dugout Thursday with his bruised right wrist wrapped. Bonderman, hit by a line drive during Wednesday night's game, hopes to make his next start Monday in Cleveland; the Tigers aren't as confident.

"It's sore, but it isn't broken" Bonderman said.

"I'm still hoping to make my next start in Cleveland."

Manager Alan Trammell said it was "iffy" Bonderman could make his scheduled start Monday against the Indians.

"But the fact that we would even consider it is great news," Trammell said. "We'll know more in a couple of days."

Bonderman said he would try to play catch today and then come back Saturday with a bullpen session.

"It's not surprising he doesn't want to miss a start," pitching coach Bob Cluck said. "He feels like he let everyone down with the way he pitched Wednesday."

If the Tigers decide not to pitch Bonderman on Monday, they have a couple of options -- push his next start back a day or two to give the wrist a chance to heal, or skip Monday's start and have Bonderman wait for his next scheduled start.

If Bonderman can't pitch Monday, Trammell said right-hander Roman Colon probably will start in his place. But there also seems to be a chance that Joel Zumaya could start. The Toledo right-hander -- who leads all minor leaguers with 190 strikeouts -- didn't start as scheduled for the Mud Hens on Thursday.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dannomyte » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:39 pm

Bonderman WON'T miss next start per the Detroit News

BOSTON -- Three days after a scare that made the worst-case scenario seem possible, the best case happened instead.

Jeremy Bonderman found out for sure on Saturday that he won't miss a start.

In a remarkable turnaround from last Wednesday's incident in which he was struck on the right wrist by a line drive and left the game in pain, Bonderman was able to throw off a bullpen mound at Fenway Park almost as if nothing ever happened.

"He's still sore," manager Alan Trammell said. "But he knows he's OK to pitch. There's a bruise inside, but he's shown us everything he needs to."

That means Bonderman will start Monday night in Cleveland as scheduled.

"This was the real test, and he did great," pitching coach Bob Cluck said about Bonderman's bullpen session. "We kept it a little short, but everything went well."

Cluck admits he was among those who didn't know what to think in the moments after Bonderman was hit by Marco Scutaro's liner up the middle.

"It scared the heck out of me," Cluck said. "Everything goes through your mind. What if a bone had been broken, or shattered, and they had to put a pin in it? When he walked past me down that tunnel, those thoughts crossed my mind.

"I still haven't seen a replay, but I don't mind looking at it now, because I know he's OK."

Despite the recovery, Bonderman doesn't think of the incident as if nothing happened.

"I'm good to go, but I was lucky," he said. "After I knew it wasn't broken, though, I kind of thought I'd make my next start. I knew I'd do everything in my power to make it."
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates