David Wright value next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Wright value next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:24 pm

Amazinz wrote:I think he will bat 3-5 all of next year. Randolph made him earn it this year but Wright has done a good job of forcing his hand. This probably won't happen but I would love to see the '06 opening day top of the order be Reyes-Beltran-Wright.

No Kaz? O:-)

I agree with you, that 1-2-3 would be awesome. The power/speed combo there is outrageous. Congrats to the Mets for seemingly being a well run team at this point in time. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bluefire7 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:26 pm

i've only needed one 3B all year, and he was it. never had to bench him in a slump. i think he's got tremendous potential for next year since in all likelihood he will be batting higher in the lineup, and has seen all the NL pitchers. lucky mets fans.. :-)

as long as he's healthy, i project for 2006:
.315, 28 hr's, 110 r, 119 rbi, 14 sb
bluefire7
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:41 pm

I'm always hesitant to draft younger players in the 3rd round area, it's a high draft spot and no one wants to waste it. That being said, I think David Wright is entering the category of young guys who should be taken early and often. If he puts up the type of projections listed here, he'll be in the superstar range very quickly.

The Mets need to build around this guy now, as he's one of the better all around players in MLB, and should be a top stud for awhile (barring that injury thing of course... or cocaine.)
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby seniorpaul » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:54 pm

I traded him in my keeper league right before the trade deadline since he wouldn't have been one of my 5 keepers and my offense was already stacked. Now i kinda wish i would have kept him on my team just so he'd be available in the draft next year.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Laean » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:12 pm

Drunken Rhino wrote:Man, I'd hate to have Blalock's inconsistency on my team...

100 30 100 285 is terrible (granted he gets no SB)

But yes, I agree that Wright probably has the higher ceiliing, he may not reach it next year. But I agree w/ your projections . I'd take him as my the #4 3B w/ Aram, MCab & Arod ahead of him.

your sarcasm is warranted, but blalock really is inconsistent. perhaps it's because he's waiver material when away from texas AND against lefties (i believe he hits like .200 with no power in those situations). basically, he's a platoon player in h2h leagues (like many colorado players tend to be), which is what i usually play. i suppose in roto it doesn't matter as much, since you can just leave him in and know you'll get 30 100 .280 at the end of the year. but i'd imagine even then it'd be more advantageous to platoon him out for away games. he also doesn't walk much, which lowers his OPS, and in my league we use both walks and OPS (instead of AVG). i know most leagues don't use those cats, but it just goes to show he's a step below most of the other top 3B that were mentioned earlier.

as for where you said about wright, i agree with everything except personally i'd take wright 3rd, before aramis and only behind arod and mcab.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Drunken Rhino » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:26 pm

Most Blalock owners should be aware of his home/road splits and I will concede that fact. I will be drafting a backup 3B earlier next year so I'm not trying to play the home/home splits w/ Blalock & Atkins... (Also to be noted are the # of 100/30/100/280 3B out there.... Chipper, Chavez,Ensberg, Rolen when they're healthy)

and uhhh...Wright's good. (only put in to keep this thread about D. Wright)
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:31 pm

Wright is amazing. Hell be a top 15 player in a few years. Hes got all the tools.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:51 pm

Wright should be a 4th or 5th round player next year probably 3rd in keepers. Hes gotta be worth almost 30 dollars in auction leagues too. The kid is insane, he is truly going to be one of the top dominant players in just a few years maybe even the next year or two.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:20 pm

4th or 5th round?

Maybe in an 8 team league.

For this season, Wright will probably end up ranked in the top 30 players, despite the fact that 60% of his ABs came from the 6th and 7th holes.

Given that he's younger than 27 and he's likely to be batting much higher in the order, his numbers should be expected to significantly improve next year, a supposition supported by his in-season trend.

Wright should be picked no later than 25th in ANY league and should be among the top 20, possibly top 10, in any keeper league.

He may end up a top 15 player THIS year and will certainly be one next year, barring injury.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby mweir145 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:47 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:4th or 5th round?

Maybe in an 8 team league.

For this season, Wright will probably end up ranked in the top 30 players, despite the fact that 60% of his ABs came from the 6th and 7th holes.

Given that he's younger than 27 and he's likely to be batting much higher in the order, his numbers should be expected to significantly improve next year, a supposition supported by his in-season trend.

Wright should be picked no later than 25th in ANY league and should be among the top 20, possibly top 10, in any keeper league.

He may end up a top 15 player THIS year
and will certainly be one next year, barring injury.

Don't you think you are overvalueing him a bit?
I mean his numbers aren't THAT good. 4th-5th rounds seems about right for a player of his calibur with 3B eligibility.

I mean if Wright is a top 20, and possibly top 10 player in a keeper league, what does that make a player like Jason Bay who has better stats than Wright (though admittingly at a position with a higer depth)?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers