Jeff Suppan to be traded? Worth holding on to? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeff Suppan to be traded? Worth holding on to?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeff Suppan to be traded? Worth holding on to?

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:20 pm

I was just reading the Trade Talks article in yahoo and it has mentioned that for the Pirates, Kenny Lofton and Jeff Suppan can already pack their bags. If the writer is so confident that Suppan will be traded, does that mean that a lot of teams or at least a few have shown interest in him. I have Suppan on my team and have been flirting with dropping him for a little while now (if I did I would pick up either Cordero or Franco, cuz my closers suck). If he has generated interest from a good team then he just might be worth holding onto. Does anyone have any news on him, or is this just merely rumors and speculation.

any info would be much appreciated. Oh, and is he worth a roster spot even if he does get traded to a good team?
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pilambp » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:13 pm

If you're in a standard 12 team league, there should be better options out there than Jeff Suppan. He's not a good enough pitcher to make an impact on any team he's traded to, his only use would be to eat up innings at a minimal cost. I would use his roster spot to take a look at someone new.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers