Oh...well why not.
1. When you give up 9 runs you are supposed to lose. Does not matter if all of those 9 come in 1 inning or across the board.
2. Brian (aka "Clueless") Cashman. I could write a book about this guy's cluelessness and ineptness. I have been bashing this guy for 3 years now. Just about every pitcher this guy touches turns into instant garbage (or was garbage to start with). What Cashman knows about baseball in general an pitching in particular could be written on a small Post-It and you would have room left over.
You create a team with a starting staff of Wright, Pavano, Brown, RJ and Moose and you wonder why things blow up as 3 of the 5 end up on the DL and one is 40+ and implodes (RJ).
The list of Cashman busts or as I call them the Cashman follies: Wright, Pavano, Brown, Weaver, Vazquez, Hammond, Witasik, Heredia, Gabe White, Stanton II, Quantrill, Embree, Miceli, Osuna, Acevedo, Fossas, Orosco, Benitez, Choate, RonDL, Womack, Enrique Wilson, etc. There are undoubetedly ones I missed. His good moves are far less numerous.
3. Torre. Ever since the 2003 WS and his inexplicable and inexcuseable Weaver move, he has been a total disaster of a manager on the field. Weaver, to the use of Heredia and others last year and the overuse of Gordon in 04 to the point where his arm was shot by Sept and only Torre did not acknowledge it, to a complete mishandling and fouling up of the ALCS in 2004 (at least 5 or 6 questionable managerial moves and/or pitching decisions). This year we see the Embrees and Leiters being used and the Smalls sent to the pen. Torre is the only man in all NY that seems to think Embree has talent.
4. The Minor League development group headed by Mark Newman has been inept and incompetent for YEARS and somehow he manages not to get hinself fired by George. Newman must be an A number 1 crawler. A minor league system that has not developed a quality SP since Pettitte in 95 or a quality position player since Soriano/Posada and yet Newman still keeps his job.
5. Stottlemeyer. This guy could not fix a light switch anymore. I do not know if anyone could have fixed some of the losers and gutless, excuse making wusses we have been saddled with the past 3 or so years, but Stottlemeyer just seems lost out there. It may not be all his fault and vaunted pitching guru Billy "I am even more Clueless than the GM" Conners has been just as inept, but he is never going to be compared to Leo Mazzone that is for sure.