Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jzfran » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:16 am

I'm wondering the same thing!
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:09 am

Looks like a moderate-to-severe strain of the left quad, with a likely trip to the DL. I did NOT need this...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com ... &cset=true

EDIT: He stands to have a MRI today, so after that we'll know more. I am really hoping he's going to be day-to-day...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:04 pm

Hopefully he's alright. I need him in my playoffs.. :-o
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dmville » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:43 pm

If it's minor, I doubt it'll be a trip to the DL seeing they can call up everyone next week. They'll keep him around for PH purposes. Plus he will fight not to go DL, and it is of course Dusty's job to make his players happy.

More likely to send Ol' Man Nomar to DL if his back still bothers him and call up Cedeno for SS while Perez moves to 3B.

Either way I would bet his most productive part of the season is behind him. He'll probably see 50% time in Sep once we start getting to some cold/wet games nad the Cubs "officially" become out of it.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Music2004Man » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:20 am

Anything new from that MRI he had yesterday? I'm actually trying to deal my Ensberg for another guys ARam because he's in the pennant race and needs a bat if ARam goes down.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:49 am

Yahoo has in the player notes section that ARam has been placed on the 15 day DL. I hope he can come back in time to help me down the stretch... :-o :-t
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AKhomebrewer » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:21 pm

This is a serious blow. For most of the season I got away free of key injuries, until Halladay.
Now, over the last few weeks, I've lost Cameron and Freel (not superstars, but they made me a playa in steals) and now my top power guy. And there's the shot Bonderman took off his pitching wrist.
With the playoffs looming, this is not good timing.
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby The G-Man » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:32 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Yahoo has in the player notes section that ARam has been placed on the 15 day DL. I hope he can come back in time to help me down the stretch... :-o :-t

Do you think he will be back? Unless the Cubs go on a tear, they are done. Just my opinion, but I don't think the Cubs will bring him back for the final 2 weeks of the year in possible cold/rainy weather. Any thoughts?
The G-Man
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:59 pm

The G-Man wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Yahoo has in the player notes section that ARam has been placed on the 15 day DL. I hope he can come back in time to help me down the stretch... :-o :-t

Do you think he will be back? Unless the Cubs go on a tear, they are done. Just my opinion, but I don't think the Cubs will bring him back for the final 2 weeks of the year in possible cold/rainy weather. Any thoughts?

I don't know. Is it that cold and rainy in Chicago in the last half of September? I wouldn't have thought so, but I guess I don't know. Maybe he will be done. I would like him though, he's been a big part of my team.

Luckily I do have Huff who's eligible at 3B and MCab needs only one more start after today to have his eligibility, so I'll be ok, but I'd like to get ARam back. He's been awesome for me since I traded for him.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates